All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #1  
Old 22-03-2005, 05:23 PM
s12vaa s12vaa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9
s12vaa is on a distinguished road
Do Not Buy Nokia HS-4W Bluetooth Headset !!!

I bought the Nokia HS-4W bluetooth headset for my Nokia 6630 mobile phone, and connection was just appalling. Sound quality was poor, also the headset disconnects every 10-15 minutes of a call !!!

I originally thought it was something wrong with my new phone, so complained to T-Mobile sales team and had the phone replaced for a brand new one. The problems persisted. I then sent off the newly bought headset to blueunplugged.com and they also did a replacement for another new one.

Guess wot???? Headset problem continued. The headset connects with my brother's Sony ericsson k700i and also the nokia 6230, but theres the same problem, it would disconnect every now and then.

I've sold the nokia headset off to some local phone shop who tested it and agreed to buy it loll. Thank god I got rid of it, but for a loss of course.

I'm now using the Sony Ericsson HBH-300 headset, and omg its just awesome!!! truly recommend it to all. Sound quality is fantastic, never disconnected so far, works absolutelyyyyy fineeeee!!!

  #2  
Old 23-03-2005, 08:10 AM
Fidelko Fidelko is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 290
Fidelko is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by s12vaa
I bought the Nokia HS-4W bluetooth headset for my Nokia 6630 mobile phone, and connection was just appalling. Sound quality was poor, also the headset disconnects every 10-15 minutes of a call !!!

I originally thought it was something wrong with my new phone, so complained to T-Mobile sales team and had the phone replaced for a brand new one. The problems persisted. I then sent off the newly bought headset to blueunplugged.com and they also did a replacement for another new one.

Guess wot???? Headset problem continued. The headset connects with my brother's Sony ericsson k700i and also the nokia 6230, but theres the same problem, it would disconnect every now and then.

I've sold the nokia headset off to some local phone shop who tested it and agreed to buy it loll. Thank god I got rid of it, but for a loss of course.

I'm now using the Sony Ericsson HBH-300 headset, and omg its just awesome!!! truly recommend it to all. Sound quality is fantastic, never disconnected so far, works absolutelyyyyy fineeeee!!!
i can only agree,iam using the HBH-300 too and iam very happy with it

  #3  
Old 26-03-2005, 09:17 PM
s12vaa s12vaa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9
s12vaa is on a distinguished road
Smile HBH-300 and laptop connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelko
i can only agree,iam using the HBH-300 too and iam very happy with it


Hi there,

Do you know if its possible to connect the HBH-300 headset to my laptop and listen to music from it? I have a bluetooth dongle which I use to connect my nokia 6630 to the laptop for synchronization, but jus dnt knw how to connect the headset to the laptop.

Would really appreciate it if you could help.

Thank you

S12VAA

  #4  
Old 27-03-2005, 08:19 AM
Fidelko Fidelko is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 290
Fidelko is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by s12vaa
Hi there,

Do you know if its possible to connect the HBH-300 headset to my laptop and listen to music from it? I have a bluetooth dongle which I use to connect my nokia 6630 to the laptop for synchronization, but jus dnt knw how to connect the headset to the laptop.

Would really appreciate it if you could help.

Thank you

S12VAA
iam not able to help you,because i didnt try... /i dont have an bluetooth USB dongle yet/.but i think it can work...

  #5  
Old 27-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Enokian's Avatar
Enokian Enokian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: France
Posts: 21
Enokian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by s12vaa
I bought the Nokia HS-4W bluetooth headset for my Nokia 6630 mobile phone, and connection was just appalling. Sound quality was poor, also the headset disconnects every 10-15 minutes of a call !!!
I remember that a previous topic has been posted about these issues.

Thank you for your warning that comes to late for me ... I am using the HS-4W for 2 monthes .. and I have got the same worries !!

Has somebody ever tried the Nokia HS-11W ?
__________________
Nokia addict
Ads

  #6  
Old 27-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Darla's Avatar
Darla Darla is offline
Mobile Diva
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 164
Darla is on a distinguished road
I totally agree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s12vaa
I bought the Nokia HS-4W bluetooth headset for my Nokia 6630 mobile phone, and connection was just appalling. Sound quality was poor, also the headset disconnects every 10-15 minutes of a call !!!

I originally thought it was something wrong with my new phone, so complained to T-Mobile sales team and had the phone replaced for a brand new one. The problems persisted. I then sent off the newly bought headset to blueunplugged.com and they also did a replacement for another new one.

Guess wot???? Headset problem continued. The headset connects with my brother's Sony ericsson k700i and also the nokia 6230, but theres the same problem, it would disconnect every now and then.

I've sold the nokia headset off to some local phone shop who tested it and agreed to buy it loll. Thank god I got rid of it, but for a loss of course.

I'm now using the Sony Ericsson HBH-300 headset, and omg its just awesome!!! truly recommend it to all. Sound quality is fantastic, never disconnected so far, works absolutelyyyyy fineeeee!!!

I've had the same issues with that headset as well. When I got it I was using it with the 6600 and the sound was fine. It got frustrating though because it kept cutting off. With the 6630 the sound was horrible!!! I haven't contacted Nokia yet, I just decided that maybe I should sell it. I'm now using the Jabra 250 and I love it.
__________________

If you don't know where you're going, you'll end up somewhere else.

  #7  
Old 27-03-2005, 07:45 PM
s12vaa s12vaa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9
s12vaa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darla
I've had the same issues with that headset as well. When I got it I was using it with the 6600 and the sound was fine. It got frustrating though because it kept cutting off. With the 6630 the sound was horrible!!! I haven't contacted Nokia yet, I just decided that maybe I should sell it. I'm now using the Jabra 250 and I love it.
If u wish to sell ur nokia hs-4w headset, u may wana consider cex.co.uk
They will test the product and so long as they realise that it will connect to a fone successfully, they will offer to buy lol. Erm but dey dont offer much tho... 25 is what I got for mine. Oh well shite headset, had to get rid of it somehow!!!

  #8  
Old 13-04-2005, 01:00 AM
s12vaa s12vaa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9
s12vaa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enokian
I remember that a previous topic has been posted about these issues.

Thank you for your warning that comes to late for me ... I am using the HS-4W for 2 monthes .. and I have got the same worries !!

Has somebody ever tried the Nokia HS-11W ?

I hear that the nokia HS-11W headset works well with the nokia 6630, its just the nokia HS-4W causing everyone problems. I recently called my nokia service centre, and was told something that wasnt a surprise to me...lol the fact that so many customers are bringing their faulty nokia hs-4w headsets into their branch for chek up but unfortunately dey bein sent away to have them send their stupid headsets straight to nokia! longggg!!!!!

Again I just wana recommend the Sony Ericsson HBH-300 bluetooth headset. Been using it for nearly a month now and it truly is just perfect in every sense!!!

Last edited by s12vaa; 13-04-2005 at 01:05 AM.
 

Bookmarks

Tags
bluetooth, buy, headset, hs4w, nokia

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The USB connecting thing nk8 Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910 9 15-07-2004 01:25 PM
Nokia to unwrap the new communicator!!!! n1ghtFLY Nokia 9300 and 9500 134 16-03-2004 03:28 AM
charging nokia bluetooth headset? HDW2? Liam548 Nokia 3650, 3660, and 3620 0 16-10-2003 11:32 AM
Pics of new Phones zygote Nokia 7650 6 04-11-2002 11:14 PM
New Nokia Phones,but NO COMMUNICATOR! ivansergei Nokia 9210 and 9290 2 04-11-2002 01:10 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:31 PM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy