All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Links of Interest

Old 13-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Nokia N97 interactive demo showcases Facebook functionality

An interactive demo has been added to Nokia N97 product pages on the Nokia UK website. The interactive demo showcases some of the key features of the upcoming phone including the customisable homescreen and Facebook functionality. The demo includes the ability to log-in to your own Facebook account so you can see what it would be like on the phone. Read on for more.

Read on in the full article.

Old 13-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
See also this excellent write up (found via Twitter, inevitably).

http://www.last100.com/2009/05/13/no...p-screenshots/

Old 13-05-2009, 05:39 PM

rvirga is on a distinguished road
I was expecting the usual half-baked, useless widget, and instead this turned out to be a really nice app. Well done, Nokia!

Old 13-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Tzer2 is on a distinguished road
Letting people access their favourite services on the DEMO is a really really good idea, it will help get across the integration of services in the device.

More demos like this please, let people get as close as they can to the real thing.

(The Flagship stores should also be oriented around letting as many people as possible have a go with real phones in fully working order with staff to help them out. Even if the customers buy the handsets elsewhere, that's still a sale for Nokia so it's worth their while.)

Old 13-05-2009, 07:20 PM

sapporobaby is on a distinguished road
Hey Tzer2,

You are correct. I have friends in the Nokia Shop in downtown Helsinki and they will let you come in and play with the phones. They know most people by the phones elsewhere. Did you go to the Nokia Family and Friends event last week. ALL items started at 30% off up to 70%. They had demo 5800XM phones for 50% off. I picked up a brand new E75 for 460, and the BH-214 BT Streaming headset for 40. All in all pretty good bargains.
Ads

Old 13-05-2009, 07:40 PM

bullroar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzer2 View Post

(The Flagship stores should also be oriented around letting as many people as possible have a go with real phones in fully working order with staff to help them out. )
They did this with 5800, I had a couple of long sessions with it in th London store on Regent Street a couple of weeks before the launch.

Old 13-05-2009, 07:58 PM

I have the feeling that Nokia is going to pull out all the stops on this and make sure that customers are happy when they leave the store.

Old 14-05-2009, 10:04 AM

ashu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hey Tzer2,

You are correct. I have friends in the Nokia Shop in downtown Helsinki and they will let you come in and play with the phones. They know most people by the phones elsewhere. Did you go to the Nokia Family and Friends event last week. ALL items started at 30% off up to 70%. They had demo 5800XM phones for 50% off. I picked up a brand new E75 for 460, and the BH-214 BT Streaming headset for 40. All in all pretty good bargains.
Hi, Can you get E75 for me???? But am not sure if the Euro version will work well in India. 460 is actually a cool bargain. Sigh!

Old 14-05-2009, 10:29 AM

@Ashu,

It should work anywhere. The problem is that the 460 Euro was a special price for Nokia Family and Friends, and our embassy is a friend of Nokia or they are a friend of ours. The prices of the E75 have dropped however. Go to www.verkkokauppa.com and do a search. Next to the word: HAE at the top there is a box to fill in text. Type in: Nokia e75 and scroll until you see the price. It should be: 478 Euro. Down from 5 something. The N97 is also listed now as being ready for sale.

Old 14-05-2009, 11:46 AM

thecrevis is on a distinguished road
Simple question: Will this facebook widget and other widgets available ton the n97, be made available to work on the Nokia 5800? I'm assuming it won't be accessible from the homescreen like the n97 but what about opening the application as a normal widget on the 5800...

Old 14-05-2009, 01:15 PM

rvirga is on a distinguished road
460 euros for a E75? That's expensive! The E75 sells here in Italy for 366 euros, 20% sale tax included (or less, I tried the first online store I could think of): link

Old 15-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Facebook...?

Well I guess the 'must have' inclusion of an A*sebook application/widget on the N97 is all the encouragement I need to snap up another reserve E90 while I still can.

Old 15-05-2009, 12:55 PM

Oh my God !!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got finished playing with the N97 for about 30 mins in the flagship store in Helsinki. It is SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!..... Smooth, fast, responsive. iPhone killer material? Time will tell, but I know that I will not miss my iPhone one bit. This phone, next to my cello, are my new loves. Save your pennies boys and girls. Nokia seems to have gotten this one right. The interface is great. The widgets kick mucho ass....I think I am about to have a phonegasm or something. To me, it is thinner than I expected. The keyboard slids our and locks solidly. No wobble or vagueness. It just goes where it is supposed to go. The touch screen almost behaves as a capacitance screen. Me thinks, Nokia did their homework and listened.