All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-08-2008, 07:48 PM

bullroar is on a distinguished road
O2 Customer Service Problems

A rather long story that has been dragging on for a month so I'll spare the details. Suffice to say I was incorrectly billed by O2 at the start of July for a phone I never ordered and never received to the tune of over £600. O2 and still after the money despite it having been passed onto their fraud department. Leaving aside the lies and false promises made to me by O2 Customer services the log jam of communication cannot be unlocked except by O2 Fraud Dept speaking to O2 Customer Services.

Problem is the phone number Customer Services have for Fraud doesn't work (can you believe it!!) and Fraud don't answer emails from Customer Services. Customer Services simply say there is nothing to be done if Fraud don't get back to them. We seem to be heading inexorably towards O2 going to court to get my money.

I have tried complaining to O2 by email at adresses on their website and one given to me by customer services, I have not had a reply yet.

I am somewhat at a loss what to do now. Anyone got any suggestions or other ways to contact someone at O2 who might be able to unlock this idiocy.

Cheers

Old 04-08-2008, 11:26 PM

KenBruce is on a distinguished road
So were you told where the phone was sent to? Did someone sign for it? Is there a copy of that signature? Have you got a solicitor? If O2 can't provide those sort of details then how will they prove you received the phone?

Old 05-08-2008, 06:41 AM

O2 do seem to be a little confused as to what happened. Originally they said I signed for it in Wandsworth, South London which is not my home address. However, I pointed out that on the day and time I was supposed to sign I was in fact in Manchester with 10 other people. They are now saying that I bought it in a shop but they seem uncertain where this shop was.

Part of the reason I want to resolve this is because I don't they have to prove very much at all to instruct bailiffs to recover the supposed debt.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:46 AM

ironass is on a distinguished road
Your cheapest, and best option, would be to contact the Citizens Advice Bureau nearest to you. You may be the victim of identity fraud or O2's incompetence.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:03 AM

lucid is on a distinguished road
go to
Code:
http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php
put in o2 and search

there are lots of numbers in there look through the whole page. theres even a number for the head office, all are geographical nos too.

good luck

Old 05-08-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
go to
Code:
http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php
put in o2 and search

there are lots of numbers in there look through the whole page. theres even a number for the head office,
Thanks for the link. Some small steps forward, called head office and spoke to Chief Execs office, they have the email I sent last night and are investigating. Unsurprisingly it is not yet near the top of the In Box so has not been dealt with yet.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:32 PM

thehaggishunter is on a distinguished road
I have heard an unconfirmed rumour that some large companies (such as o2) dont answer emails until they have received 3 from you so I suggest you send the same email 3 times in one day see if that spurs a response

Old 06-08-2008, 04:42 AM

lucid is on a distinguished road
Often its a good idea with something as serious as this to cut out normal CS totally and go straight to head office MD office your enquiry will be dealt with then.

I once had some telecoms co. after me years ago (one of those that you pre dial some digits to connect to their network cheaper than BT)

When I moved providers i paid any outstanding bills and disconnected from them, but kept getting bills for 1 pence even though i didnt owe it. This went on for 8 months phoning every month and failed promises from their CS. They wouldn't let me even pay the penny!

In the end i gave up it was costing me £5 a throw to try and sort it each month on calling them. After ignoring the bills the 1 pence became over £800 as they passed it on to some debt recovery place. I got the head office number and ended up speaking to the MD said it was a personal family call to secretary.

He politely listened in awe to the tale of woe and bad service and promised to deal with it and call me back.

Within half an hour I got a return call and all was sorted plus some compensation for my time and all the cost of calls.

Good luck with your issue I hope you have involved the police as it may involve ID theft against you.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:22 AM

dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullroar View Post
I have tried complaining to O2 by email at adresses on their website and one given to me by customer services, I have not had a reply yet.

I am somewhat at a loss what to do now. Anyone got any suggestions or other ways to contact someone at O2 who might be able to unlock this idiocy.

Cheers
Contact your local Trading Standards Office and pass on copies of all emails or letters.

They should be able to sort it out very quickly as they have ways to bypass standard Customer Service staff and get to talk to the people actually empowered to take action, within any major UK company.