All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 19-08-2009, 10:27 PM

alex10969 is on a distinguished road
Captured images folder stuck - suck

my captured images folder is stuck with 777 images - which i downloaded and deleted earlier (via usb from my pc in the camera folders), so it only shows corrupted thumbnails there. new fotos are not displayed though appear in the respective camera folders.

i installed the nokia photo browser which displays everything correctly.
only the standard preinstalled photo viewer / captured images folder does not work anymore.

soft reset didnt help, and i cleared every cache folder i could find.

probably somewhere in some cache / temp folder there is information left - when i search images with the built in search, i would find the corrupted files but cant open nor delete. the OS assumes they would exist in the phone, but with usb/pc connection or y-browser they cant be found anywhere, and the phone memory also shows empty image memory sections.
searching for photo*.* with y-browser would show two different "photobrowser.db" files in different locations and some more "photobrowser.*" files (mif etc) that i dont understand at all.

does anyone know how to clean the captured images folder from the corrupted files and make it show new images again?

thx for any help, this is really annoying.

Old 19-08-2009, 11:06 PM

londoner888 is on a distinguished road
I dunno if this will help you, but I found that when I renamed a photo in file explorer, it showed up as corrupted in NPB... so I renamed the file again with the extension ".jpg", after this they worked fine.

Old 20-08-2009, 07:41 AM

thx

but maybe i havent been able to describe the problem properly.
there are no image files on my phone nor in the camera folder.
(so i cant rename anything).
still, the "captured" folder shows "777 images" as broken thumbnails.
hm.

Old 20-08-2009, 08:06 PM

jasondesouza is on a distinguished road
have been facing the same issue since I upgraded the N97 firmware to the new 12, been fiddling for a while and I believe some got messed up, tried the following

-Format mass media
-Format memory card

-And the finally did the reinstall of the device software through the software upgrade

The phone is now browsing the photo (previously it was giving a balank screen)

check again & the issue persists.

let me know if anyone get a resolution to this ! damn there has to be a work around

Old 22-08-2009, 11:51 AM

Did it!

after googling, reading and learning so much that i am about to write my own mobile phone OS .-), i found the solution:

on the drive where the images are stored ( in my case E: / mass memory ) there is a folder:

/private/101ffc31

in this folder there is a file

glxmdstn

which seems to contain the thumbnail archive.
i deleted this file (in phone memory, mass storage and on storage card) and everything seems to be back to normal.

i shot a few images, deleted some of them, everything works and the camera application created a new, correct glxmdstn file.

if the problem ever appears again - i dunno, but this time it helped.

i couldnt access this folder with ybrowser, file manager or pc suite/nokia phone browser on my windows pc but connected the n97 to my mac in mass storage mode and could access the files.

hope that helps some people with the same problem.

main source:
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...sage.id=131523
Ads