All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-08-2011, 06:38 AM

jerryfreak is on a distinguished road
stuck on flashing E7 with phoenix

i have an E7 with what i beleive is a NAM product code 059F6L7

trying to flash using Anna UK firmware using this method:

http://www.digipassion.com/2011/01/h...one-using.html

but phoenix cant find the files even though ive created ...../phoenix/products/RM-626/ folder

do i need to wait for anna NAM firmware to show up on navifirm?

Last edited by jerryfreak; 26-08-2011 at 06:42 AM.
Ads

Old 26-08-2011, 07:20 AM

seki is on a distinguished road
Beer Ok quick how to ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
i have an E7 with what i beleive is a NAM product code 059F6L7

trying to flash using Anna UK firmware using this method:

http://www.digipassion.com/2011/01/h...one-using.html

but phoenix cant find the files even though ive created ...../phoenix/products/RM-626/ folder

do i need to wait for anna NAM firmware to show up on navifirm?

I just Checked on NaviFirm and yeah .. there is no NAM showing :(

Once it does ...

0. Back up at least your settings programs etc ... the other stuff is syncable (you do do this ??)

1. Start Phoenix in "Dead Flashing Mode" .. ie don't select a USB port it should show "No Connection"
2. File / Open Product .. find RM-626 in the list (you can filter it by typing in the search box)
3. Flashing / Firmware Update
4. check the box marked "Dead Phone USB Flashing"
5. click the [...] Product Code .. your NAM rm-626 should show
5a. IMPORTANT .. click options .. if you see a RED file with something like emmc.fpsx at the end of it .. DELETE IT!

6. click REFURBISH ..
7. Phoenix will advise you to remove the USB Cable from the Phone - Press and hold the power button for 8 seconds (but really you hold it for long enough that you get the double buzz) - Reconnect the cable - Click OK
8. Right about now things get interesting .. Phoenix should - Partition - Erase - then begin flashing the firmware onto your device.
9. If all goes well the phone will temporarily enter Test Mode .. then restart with a nice new Symbian Anna loaded.

On first startup it will ask for your Ovi username (it should recall it and just ask for your password) .. put your password in

Post Install stuff to do ..
10. start up Nokia's Ovi Suite .. it should install some software on the device.
11. click Updates .. you should see Anna 1/2 and 2/2 .. in addition I was offered Ovi Store and Social (I selected them) .. do the update using your PC.
12. The phone will want a restart after installing these updates.
13. Restore your settings / programs from the backup you did in 0.

You might need to update/reload some applications but by and large you should be done.

I take no responsibility for you stuffing this up!
Its not the end of the world if you think you've bricked your phone you probably haven't killed it .. repeat the above and chances are good you can revive the "dead" phone .. thats why its called "Dead Mode"

As Always ... Good Luck!

Last edited by seki; 26-08-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Old 27-08-2011, 06:46 PM

jerryfreak is on a distinguished road
thnaks, phone isnt actually dead though. im guessign i just need to either wait for the right product code or force a change of product code. i can wait a few more days i guess