All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-02-2003, 04:37 PM

Putting on a Screen Protector

I realized that the stylus isn't the best stylus that I should be using for my expensive P800 and it might actually scratch the screen, so I got a screen protector, the adhesive kind. I had to cut it to the shape of the P800. But after putting it on, I realized that the flip (keypad with the numbers) didn't press as well. I don't feel the click of the buttons anymore at the bottom and the contact has been made. I am afraid that if I press too hard, I would damage the screen. Before you can press the button as hard as possible and it would only "just" press the screen, but with this extra piece of plastic between the screen and my buttons, it might press on the screen too hard.

Any suggestions, and also, are there alternatives? And Yes, I did try just putting the screen protector on 1/2 of the screen, but it looks terrible.
Ads

Old 07-02-2003, 11:07 PM

christomas is on a distinguished road
What kind of screen protector are you using? Maybe it was not made specifically for the P800. Try Brando. They have one made specifically for the P800. I have been using it for a couple of weeks now and it works great! Never had those kinds of problems you were mentioning.

Old 08-02-2003, 12:04 AM

PotetBall is on a distinguished road
i use the brando thing and i have the same problem as kkay :(, but i just don't press the screen so hard, it will detect the presses if you just "touch" it anyway...

Old 08-02-2003, 02:39 AM

chtan is on a distinguished road
Suggestion

I uses the static plastic sheet which come together with the monitor (provided you didn't throw it away after unpacking you monitor) to protect my P800. Because it's static so it won't do any harm to your screen.

Old 08-02-2003, 09:14 AM

I buy screen from
http://www.doml.com.sg/
Made for P800 and it's great it looks like that I didn't put any new screen and the stylus work great.

Old 14-10-2006, 06:06 PM

singhalyash is on a distinguished road
Screen Protector M600i

Hey,

Can anyone please advice if the screen protector specifically for M600i is available (in UAE). I have checked with all the authorized retailers and otherwise and couls nor find one?

Old 09-05-2007, 09:56 AM

jacky2007 is on a distinguished road
any suggestion which Screen Protector is good

any suggestion which Screen Protector is good?