All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 23-07-2011, 01:48 AM

bennypr0fane is on a distinguished road
Photo uploading apps

Hello,
I wanted to check whether anyone has been more successful than me looking for picture-uploading apps for my C7.

- I found PicUpR, which enables you to uplaod to Picasa, Flickr, Facebook and Twitter directly from the app. It's a start, but I'm having trouble setting up more than one account per service. The paid version is supposed to have "better support", not sure if that includes multiple accounts. I also like that it allows you to create a new album to upload to directly from inside the app.

- then, there's PhotoSync, which looks promising as it automatically syncs all your photos to the cloud as soon as they're taken, you don't have to do anything, except for have the app running in the background.
For now it only syncs to Dropbox though, which on the one hand is cool, because I like Dropbox - on the other hand, I don't know who uses Dropbox for sharing their pics - I don't, for one. The publisher of the app ask you to send in suggestions though for which service should be supported next, so if they manage to add other actual photosharing services like Picasa and Flickr, it should be pretty awesome :-)

Has anyone found more stuff like that?
Personally I hate the Symbian Web browser, and I really want to avoid having to use it for sharing pictures. What is your best solution for this task?
Ads