All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
HP iPrint Photo now free in the Ovi Store

Available for almost all recent S60 phones (touchscreen and non-touch), HP's free iPrint Photo software is now available in the on-device Ovi Store as a small 250k native Symbian utility. It's touted as a quick way to print 6" by 4" prints from your phone's photo albums. It's all done via Wi-Fi, so you will need a Wi-Fi-enabled printer, it seems. Comments welcome if you've printed using this by other means!

Read on in the full article.

Old 29-11-2009, 03:15 AM

diginixy is on a distinguished road
Sweet. I have been waiting for this to be released. I can't wait to try it out with my HP.

Old 29-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Misterm

Beer

Works great, coincidentally picked up an HP wireless printer last week. Download and install from Ovi store worked quickly on N86 and XM5800 - somehow seemed less painful than I remember (but it's been a while since I had a reason to visit). Really good, simple utility, not trying too hard to do too much.

Old 29-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Talking

The software will work with wired printer as well, as long as the printer is an HP one and it is registered on the DHCP network. Awesome, missed this function when I traded my E51 for a N97.

Old 30-11-2009, 03:28 AM
Unregistered

I suspect iPrint looks for HP product only. Sorry I don't have any non-HP printer on my network.

Old 30-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

@unregistered,

how do i register a printer to the DHCP? thanks.

miko

Old 30-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

Homex

My printer is directly connected to the router, so on the routing table there is an entry for the HP printer. If your printer is tethered to a PC, try sharing the PC on the network. If that doesn't work, start with this document. It's meant for E61, but I used to for E51 and I was able to setup my printer that way. Good Luck!! http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/g...g_guide_en.pdf

Old 01-12-2009, 07:02 AM
miko

guess printer must be HP wireless or network ready, otherwise it wont work. im looking for an adapter to make my HP printer network ready and this should do it. any other thoughts in there...?
Ads