All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-09-2008, 02:51 PM

erehman is on a distinguished road
Latest Nokia Software Updater Problem

I had the older version of Nokia Software Updater installed on my PC and I have been successfully updating my Nokia N95 software with it. Now that I tried to install the latest version of this updater, I experienced some problems.
Everytime, after its installation, when I start running, it tries to connect to internet, I get an error that software updater could not connect to internet and that it may be due to the windows firewall preventing it to connect to internet.
I disabled the windows security firewall, and run the software again, but same error. It does not clear even the first step of connecting to internet which is I think necessary to complete its installation.
Any suggestionswhat to do next!
No theoretical reply please!
Ejaz

Old 29-09-2008, 04:11 PM

ironass is on a distinguished road
What OS are you using on your PC?
Ads

Old 29-09-2008, 06:21 PM

dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by erehman View Post
I had the older version of Nokia Software Updater installed on my PC and I have been successfully updating my Nokia N95 software with it. Now that I tried to install the latest version of this updater, I experienced some problems.
Everytime, after its installation, when I start running, it tries to connect to internet, I get an error that software updater could not connect to internet and that it may be due to the windows firewall preventing it to connect to internet.
I disabled the windows security firewall, and run the software again, but same error.
I assume you only have the Windows Firewall on your PC? Do you have a 2nd firewall program installed as part of your Virus Checker product?

I have Norton Internet Security 2007 installed and also need to disable the Norton Firewall before NSU will work.