All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-12-2007, 05:46 PM

brez1 is on a distinguished road
N95 8GB and Route 66 Mobile 7 Problem

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me. I have just got a new N95 8GB and have loaded the route 66 mobile 7 software to the system folder of the "mem card" of the phone.

When I turn the phone back on the phone does not auto install like my old N73 used to....does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I used file manager on the phone to try to select any of the route 66 files but none of them worked - none seemed like the install.exe file?

Is this a problem with the 8gb version ? Does route 66 need to be on a real mem card, not the N95 8GBs "HD"?

Any help is appreciated!

Brez

Old 06-12-2007, 08:48 PM

zumstin is on a distinguished road
Hello,

I have Route66 for my nokia n95-3 and it works fine. I just used the data cable connected to my phone in the "mass storage" mode and let the cd install wizard do the rest. Although I might add, there is an update that I downloaded from their website that is specific to the nokia n95, so you might want to check that out if you haven't already. After the cd loaded to my phone I just ran the updated .exe file and it works great.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:22 PM

Thanks for your help but still no joy! I've even tried my tomtom software that worked perfect on my N73 but nothing. Once I had it on my memory card my n73 would install it straight away when I restarted but this doesnt happen on my n95...!!

Can anyone else help?

Old 10-12-2007, 06:58 PM

Anyone?? I'm seriously thinking of sending my N95 back if I cant get tomtom to install....why would it not automatically install like my N73 did?

Old 10-12-2007, 07:25 PM

Suspect is on a distinguished road
Send it back then, as N95 will never work with TT6

As TT6 it is not setup for the N95 onboard GPS, must wait for a patch or new release.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:42 PM

Dogmann is on a distinguished road
Hi all,

Firstly are you are using Tom Tom or Route 66? and Tom Tom 6 does definitely work on the N95 and N95 8GB but not with the internal GPS which for me really is not a problem as my GPS receiver is small and more powerful than the one found in the N95.

If you are using TT6 either use the File manager and in the Mass Memory scroll down till you find the Tom Tom installer and click or use the App manger and when you find Tom Tom choose Options, Install.

Marc

Last edited by Dogmann; 11-12-2007 at 03:07 PM.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:51 PM

Cheers for your help........phew so I got tomtom installed...but now I cant believe how SLOW it runs....it ran far quicker on my N73....just trying to type in a postcode takes forever.....have I done something wrong?

Old 10-12-2007, 10:51 PM

Dogmann is on a distinguished road
Hi brez1

Glad to here you have manged to get it installed really don't understand why it is running slow for you i just tested entering Postcodes and it works fine as it should. The first letter brings matches up immediately and each additional letter just re defines the list no lag or delay at all. Try restarting your device and see if that helps if not i really can't think why it is running slow.

Marc

Old 10-12-2007, 11:55 PM

henklbr is on a distinguished road
If you have LEGAL-copies of the software, it should be no problem to install . . .

If the problem still persist: contact Customer Service of TomTom and/or Route 66 . . .
Route 66 Mobile v8.0.16821 (16818), Western Europe Q3-08 (v2.211) / Eastern Europe Q3-08 (v1.210)

Old 12-12-2007, 06:47 PM

Thanks for your help - got it sorted, simple reboot!

BUT now I get GPS dropouts every minute or so....

I have upgraded to the newest firmware and remember on my old N73 that some firmware had bluetooth issues with the GPS transmitted...

I have a pretty good GPS BT device so I am unsure what I am doing wrong!!

Cheers
Ads

Old 12-12-2007, 11:17 PM

bigbadnewill is on a distinguished road
Also, have you installed the TomTom .sis file onto your phone memory, or mass storage? First time i installed TomTom onto my mass storage, and it was painfully slow. But, when installed onto my phone memory it whizzed along nicely!

Old 19-12-2007, 06:24 PM

Lubenator is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumstin View Post
Hello,

I have Route66 for my nokia n95-3 and it works fine. I just used the data cable connected to my phone in the "mass storage" mode and let the cd install wizard do the rest. Although I might add, there is an update that I downloaded from their website that is specific to the nokia n95, so you might want to check that out if you haven't already. After the cd loaded to my phone I just ran the updated .exe file and it works great.
Hi zumstin,
Would you please help me with the settings on N95-3. I have the same phone with Mobile 7 installed and activated but can't make it work. Do I need to tweak something ? You could email me if you wish at lubo7athotmaildotcom
TIA
P.S.
Any one feel free to do so if you know how to help. Thank you

Old 20-12-2007, 05:54 PM

Cozzymike is on a distinguished road
Angry Installing TT Nav 6 on my N95

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a Nokia N95 (from a friend who only had it 3 weeks), which was a huge step up as my last nokia was a 6230. I did have TT6 installed on it but after I updated the firmware to version 20.0.015, then TomTom wouldnt work on it kept saying the Certificate was invalid or something. As i didnt know if the software was genuine i purchased a copy to be on the safe side. Now i am having major problems installing it on the N95. I have spent all day trying with no luck, i have read on other Forums that you have to copy the contents of the supplied Mini SD on to the n95's Micro SD and it should work, not for me, i have downloaded the update from TomTom for the Symbian S60 (relesed in Febuary 07) and still no joy. I am new to all this Smart Phone stuff, please can someone give me an idiots guide to installing, as whatever i do i cant get the App or the File manager to see the TomTom files. I understand that the TomTom wont work with the internal GPS but i have a good Bluetooth device to use instead.

Any help will be very much appreciated, as i can see that some people have had some sucess recently and that there are some very knowlegable people on here..

Old 21-12-2007, 11:25 PM

Olly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozzymike View Post
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a Nokia N95 (from a friend who only had it 3 weeks), which was a huge step up as my last nokia was a 6230. I did have TT6 installed on it but after I updated the firmware to version 20.0.015, then TomTom wouldnt work on it kept saying the Certificate was invalid or something. As i didnt know if the software was genuine i purchased a copy to be on the safe side. Now i am having major problems installing it on the N95. I have spent all day trying with no luck, i have read on other Forums that you have to copy the contents of the supplied Mini SD on to the n95's Micro SD and it should work, not for me, i have downloaded the update from TomTom for the Symbian S60 (relesed in Febuary 07) and still no joy. I am new to all this Smart Phone stuff, please can someone give me an idiots guide to installing, as whatever i do i cant get the App or the File manager to see the TomTom files. I understand that the TomTom wont work with the internal GPS but i have a good Bluetooth device to use instead.

Any help will be very much appreciated, as i can see that some people have had some sucess recently and that there are some very knowlegable people on here..
Since this is a Route 66 thread you may get a better reply from starting thread with TT6 install problem...... but while I am here, try this......

1: Connect your Phone with card installed to your computer and select Mass Storage when prompted.
2: Goto My Computer and click memory card (phone location)
3: Click onto your Tomtom memory card......you now have 2 windows...1 is phone and the other is tomtom card
4: Drag and drop each folder over from your tomtom to your phone one by one, if it asks to replace existing folder select Yes..........I found this the best way to install without errors.
5: safely remove storage device and disconnect phone from data cable.

Once you have done this your phone should automatically install Tomtom and will show up in your applications folder.

Hope that helps...did for me.

Last edited by Olly; 21-12-2007 at 11:39 PM.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:58 PM

desaputra is on a distinguished road
Hi there, just found out....

To install Route66 Mobile7 to Nokia N95-8GB :

1. Install Route66.Mobile.v7.3.545.Multilanguage.S60v3.sis first to your N95 (using the latest Nseries or Nokia PCSuite Application Installer) either to your Phone Memory or Mass Memory.

2. Then you need to copy source map files (****.prm) to your mass memory. Plaese using usb mass memory option to do this (quit PcSuite first + unplugged the usb, then plugged usb cable again select Data Transfer Mode)... Then copy map files (***.prm) to :

Folder : system/apps/route66/maps/

*Note : you need to create new folder in system folder.... that it... now you can run your route66.... enjoy...