All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-06-2006, 03:03 AM

riannn is on a distinguished road
E61 - Where is the auto keypad lock?

Where is the setting for auto keypad lock in E61 phone?
I found the auto phone lock settings, but all I want is the auto keypad lock..

Nokia usually has it right?

-riannn

Old 18-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
There isn't an auto keypad lock.

Old 18-06-2006, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
There isn't an auto keypad lock.
Too bad, nokia must have missed out this very basic function for whatever reason.

-riannn

Old 18-06-2006, 11:47 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Yes it seems it is something Nokia often dont implement for whatever reason. I suspect there'll be third party software that does this before too long as it is quite a popular request.

Old 19-06-2006, 01:20 PM

albalonga is on a distinguished road
No auto keypadlock

you can use third party software, Handy Weather, Handy Clock... they have screen saver and keypad lock...

Old 21-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

timsalmon is on a distinguished road
It's arrived...

http://my-symbian.com/main/index6.php?cat=6

Tim

Old 21-06-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsalmon
FINALLY!!! this thread comes to an end with a solution...
Two thumbs up for Tim...
Another two thumbs up for Petteri Muilu for making it happend and FREE =)

Loved it and I hope you will too...

-riannn

Old 24-06-2006, 02:07 AM

vjleon11 is on a distinguished road
Timsalmon

Thanks mate!!!!!! it´s a great application... and free hehehehe thanks for the information
Ads

Old 10-07-2006, 12:49 AM

locus365 is on a distinguished road
I hope I am not misunderstanding something here, but you are asking for a key lock something for like putting the phone in your pocket and if the keys are locked then nothing happens if they get pressed , right ?
if this is the case then why not use the Nokia method I have owned Nokia’s for a long time and it works on ALL NOKIA phones even on my E61, all i do is press two key combination AND they are locked use the same key combination to unlock them, and if they are locked I can still answer calls just by pressing the green send key,
the two keys I use on every Nokia are the left menu key and the left bottom key the * key. on the E61 it is the same the very top left key and the very bottom left key the top key is the top left menu key and the bottom key is the arrow which lets u choose either numbers or letters when doing a txt msg,
this has worked for me on every Nokia phone that I have ever owned and it has been a few, again I hope I am not misunderstanding anything here, if I am wrong sorry, I have never needed any 3th party apps

Old 10-07-2006, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locus365
I hope I am not misunderstanding something here, but you are asking for a key lock something for like putting the phone in your pocket and if the keys are locked then nothing happens if they get pressed , right ?
if this is the case then why not use the Nokia method I have owned Nokia’s for a long time and it works on ALL NOKIA phones even on my E61, all i do is press two key combination AND they are locked use the same key combination to unlock them, and if they are locked I can still answer calls just by pressing the green send key,
the two keys I use on every Nokia are the left menu key and the left bottom key the * key. on the E61 it is the same the very top left key and the very bottom left key the top key is the top left menu key and the bottom key is the arrow which lets u choose either numbers or letters when doing a txt msg,
this has worked for me on every Nokia phone that I have ever owned and it has been a few, again I hope I am not misunderstanding anything here, if I am wrong sorry, I have never needed any 3th party apps
This 3rd party application is for AUTO keypad lock, so that means it will lock the keypad automatically after a certain, user configurable, period of time. So it will help out if you forgot to lock your keypad and put it in the pocket, the application will then auto lock it for you. That's where the 3rd party application comes in handy, where it should've been a default feature provided by Nokia in my opinion.

-riannn