All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #1  
Old 07-02-2005, 12:26 AM
dave@fcc dave@fcc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 4
dave@fcc is on a distinguished road
Angry A1000 on win98 se

Hi I am a newbie

I have purchased the A1000, love the phone, but help!! is it possible to run desktop suite on win 98 se ? I can not get the computer to locate usb driver required ?
Am I missing something obvious??

  #2  
Old 07-02-2005, 04:21 PM
fone crzy's Avatar
fone crzy fone crzy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 35
fone crzy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave@fcc
Hi I am a newbie

I have purchased the A1000, love the phone, but help!! is it possible to run desktop suite on win 98 se ? I can not get the computer to locate usb driver required ?
Am I missing something obvious??
sorry man but who still has windows 98 these days : . no its not possible.
__________________

  #3  
Old 07-02-2005, 11:02 PM
dave@fcc dave@fcc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 4
dave@fcc is on a distinguished road
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fone crzy
sorry man but who still has windows 98 these days : . no its not possible.

Thanks for that, maybe I should ditch the phone then, in answer to your question ''loads of people apparently''

  #4  
Old 10-02-2005, 12:25 PM
fone crzy's Avatar
fone crzy fone crzy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 35
fone crzy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave@fcc
Thanks for that, maybe I should ditch the phone then, in answer to your question ''loads of people apparently''
well i havent noticed. last time i saw windows 98 was in the year 1999.
__________________

  #5  
Old 10-02-2005, 05:48 PM
dave@fcc dave@fcc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 4
dave@fcc is on a distinguished road
Win 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by fone crzy
well i havent noticed. last time i saw windows 98 was in the year 1999.

Don't tell me i am behind the times and had not noticed (Hee hee).
I am investigating upgrade to XP but not sure what data I may lose ?
Hopefully this would eliminate my connection problems, but may increase other problems with data loss etc, not sure best way to back up system as win backup not enabled.

Thanks for now

  #6  
Old 11-02-2005, 11:51 AM
fone crzy's Avatar
fone crzy fone crzy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 35
fone crzy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave@fcc
Don't tell me i am behind the times and had not noticed (Hee hee).
I am investigating upgrade to XP but not sure what data I may lose ?
Hopefully this would eliminate my connection problems, but may increase other problems with data loss etc, not sure best way to back up system as win backup not enabled.

Thanks for now

get a portable hardrive. ya you are behind times.
__________________

  #7  
Old 21-02-2005, 03:47 PM
phaydock phaydock is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1
phaydock is on a distinguished road
I had trouble - have 2 usb ports and only one works with desktop connection. TRy that.

  #8  
Old 21-02-2005, 08:54 PM
dave@fcc dave@fcc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 4
dave@fcc is on a distinguished road
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaydock
I had trouble - have 2 usb ports and only one works with desktop connection. TRy that.

Cheers for that but got fed up trying, have upgraded to XP now !Works a treat, mind you took me 7 days to sort out conflict problems.
Ads
 

Bookmarks

Tags
a1000, win98

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A1000 Review. Complete amnesia Motorola A920, A925, A1000, Benq P30 and P31 and Arima U300 17 10-10-2005 02:59 PM
GPS on A1000 lalaland Motorola A920, A925, A1000, Benq P30 and P31 and Arima U300 21 11-09-2005 08:00 AM
Three UK now selling A1000 flipitw Motorola A920, A925, A1000, Benq P30 and P31 and Arima U300 4 20-12-2004 03:50 PM
Review of A1000, anyone? joon Motorola A920, A925, A1000, Benq P30 and P31 and Arima U300 11 22-11-2004 03:32 PM
Motorola A1000 now available on 3 Rafe UIQ 0 16-11-2004 05:41 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:46 AM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy