All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 07-01-2010, 08:46 PM
WhyShouldI

I agree with BigLondon and the fact is the Nexus will outsell the X6 by at least 10:1 ratio.

X6 will become a niche product for hardcore Nokia fans... The phone is quite nice but at that price people are going choose something else even on contract.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:08 PM

Group51 is on a distinguished road
I went to the Nokia shop, tried the N97 etc and hated the fiddly complicated things. The X6 was the only one that just worked. Perhaps my iPhone has changed my expectations.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldI View Post
I agree with BigLondon and the fact is the Nexus will outsell the X6 by at least 10:1 ratio.

X6 will become a niche product for hardcore Nokia fans... The phone is quite nice but at that price people are going choose something else even on contract.
FFS nobody is listening. "that price" includes CwM. The X6 real price is much less. Nokia are trying to jump start CwM, that's why the X6 has 32GB - to hold all the free downloads. But the unbundled X6 will be available in a couple of months.

The price for the enormous Nexus in UK is about 430. That is $529 from the US google store + shipping + VAT + import duty. When it is sold locally it will follow the standard 1 = $1 ripoff pricing scheme.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:34 AM
GJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldI View Post

Nah, this Nexus isn't going to sell between 40 and 100 million units.
Contrary to Apple and Google, Nokia has precious few hardcore fans. It's one of their problems. They have users though, who may or may not like their devices. X6 without CwM would be very mainstream. Should sell in droves.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:11 PM

joeyfallon is on a distinguished road
@ewan "can't help but fail to notice" means you don't notice something surely ?

Old 22-08-2010, 04:07 AM
Unregistered

My X6 is so slow

My X6 is so slow from day 1 till now, anyone knows how to handle it? Reply ASAP thanks =)