All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-01-2004, 04:27 PM

john74 is on a distinguished road
new link for apps removed

Old 25-02-2004, 08:17 AM
okokdasd

About Nokia 6600 and 3660 http://www.terralab.ru/mobilis/32239/ (russian)

Old 19-04-2004, 12:51 PM
dudepop

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
People have 256Mb cards running on them, regardless of what Nokia have specified.

I'm not aware of anyone running 512Mb ones on em yet - I've not even seen cards that size so far.

I have a friend here, he is running 512mb without problems.

Old 22-04-2004, 02:07 AM

zabi_rauf is on a distinguished road
here u can read an article about nokia 6600 nokia 6600

Old 02-07-2004, 11:29 AM
21st cent. opp.

Large fonts in 6600

I've found it impossible to switch large fonts on in 6600.Heard that there is kinda software allowing user to do it.Perhaps anyone knows something anout it,I would be extremely grateful for letting me know,here or via pelne@konto.pl ? Thanks anyway.

Old 19-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Unregistered2

nokia 6600

how do i play music of my nokia 6600?????

Old 20-08-2004, 05:36 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered2
how do i play music of my nokia 6600?????
By installing a program that can play, e.g., MP3 files (UltraMP3, MP3Go, ReadM). Note that the 6600 can only generate mono sound.

Old 26-08-2004, 08:57 PM

GameGal is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Not sure about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by N/A
By installing a program that can play, e.g., MP3 files (UltraMP3, MP3Go, ReadM). Note that the 6600 can only generate mono sound.
My 6600 plays both polyphonic ringtones as well as actual recordings.

Old 27-08-2004, 09:04 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGal
My 6600 plays both polyphonic ringtones as well as actual recordings.
Yes, of course, but only in mono (one audio channel, one speaker).
Ads

Old 19-11-2004, 03:26 PM

Mad_dog is on a distinguished road
what are you guys saying about large mmc cards not supported??!!!
i havr 1GB mmc on my 6600 an it works just fine, but loading the card too much makes the phone a bit slow!!

Old 16-06-2005, 11:39 AM

Ivan_Minic is on a distinguished road
Need fast help with your Symbian s60 phone?

www.SymbianHelp.cjb.net - biggest online resource of faqs and tutorials.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:53 AM

nclysqocz is on a distinguished road
Military Prevents Armed Conflicts In The World By Its Mere P Cheap Super Bowl Jerseys

Young americans have largest stake in maintaining a strong military and effective homeland security policies

Americans are truly blessed to live in a country protected by the most powerful and effectiveMilitary force in the world.OurMilitary allows us to live without fear of hostile neighbors or attack from aggressive rivals.In addition to our own security, ourMilitary has been a force for freedom throughout the world since the end of world war 2.Numerous countries in europe, asia, and south america live in peace because of close support and assistance from the u.S.Military.Often the mere presence of a u.S aircraft carrier can defuse international tensions and deter aggressive states from using force. Maintaining a strongMilitary and close relations with allies abroad ensures our own security as well as cheap super bowl jerseys international peace and stability.

Young americans have the largest stake in ensuring that the united states remains strong for its own defense and to maintain peace and stability abroad.It is young americans that do the bulk of the fighting in armed conflicts.If the u.S.And its allies fail to maintain international peace and stability, it is young americans that will have to fight to restore it.

Many americans fail to understand why we continue spend so much on our military when we face no immediate threat from a foreign power.Some argue that we do not need such a large and expensive military force, and should begin cutting defense spending.However, history has shown us that complacency can have devastating costs and that maintaining a strong national defense force has more to do with avoiding war than it does fighting them.

The u.S.Military prevents armed conflicts in the world by its mere presence in numerous regions around the world. First, hostile states do not challenge or compete with the UnitedStates so long as our military has such dominance.Second, American military power and political influence can discourage states from fighting one another, especially if the U.S.Has ties to one of the belligerent states.It is no coincidence that there have been very few international wars over the past several decades. Finally, the UnitedStates has been a force for freedom in the world, liberating oppressed peoples and working to establish free and prosperous democracies on several continents.Democracies almost never fight one another.

It is easy to take these benefits for granted because we never hear about it in the news and it is impossible to quantify how many lives or how much money ourMilitary power truly saves.Many americans as well as the media only see the costs of the u.S.Military.This perspective fails to account for half of the equation.It is a sound principle of the u.S. "To secure peace is to prepare for war. "

In addition, the u.S.Does face potential and immediate threats that cannot be ignored.Some countries are aggressively seeking to challenge U.S.Dominance.China is gaining considerable power and influence in asia. It is clear they wish to one day compete with the UnitedStates for influence in the world.Russia has a nuclear arsenal almost comparable to the u.S.And has recently begun an aggressive military re-Armament.In the last two years, it has increased defense spending by 50%.Both russia and china are also attempting to develop advanced new weapon systems to compete with u.S.Weaponry.

The u.S.Also faces unconventional threats.September 11th showed Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Americans that we face attacks from enemies that do not have countries but can still kill thousands.The threat of terrorism is further amplified if they were to obtain weapons of mass destruction.These weapons allow terrorist groups to inflict massive damage on a country without having to train and arm a single combat division.

Restore america's legacy strongly believes the united states must continue to maintain the most powerful military in the world.The u.S.Government should maintain current defense spending levels, force structure, and technological superiority.Although expensive in comparison to other countries, the dept.Of defense budget represents only 20% of the total budget.Defense cuts would be extremely costly to our national security and would do nothing to solve the u.S.Government's budget problems.

In order to respond to future threats, the u.S.Must not allow itself to be bogged down in military operations or nation-Building for extended periods of time.Restore america's legacy supports the current withdrawal plans from iraq, giving the iraqi government responsibility for its own security.U.S.Operations in afghanistan are also vital but once afghan forces are capable of providing security, american forces should focus exclusively on defeating al qaida rather than nation-Building.

To ensure we do not become complacent with homeland security, we should continue to fund counter-Terrorism operations, including actively pursuing terrorists in the mountains of afghanistan, pakistan, and across the world.There is no success in the war on terror until osama bin laden and ayman al zawahiri are brought to justice.The u.S.Must also deal with captured terrorists in a manner that does not threaten our national security or ongoing counterterrorism operations. Foreign terrorists should not be tried in civilian courts, but instead be tried in military tribunals as provided for by federal law and recentSupreme Court decisions.Military tribunals are consistent with international law and our own values.

Finally, the u.S.Government must continue its efforts to improve services provided for veterans.The dept.Of veterans affairs must be sufficiently funded to provide sufficient healthcare and education services to veterans returning home.Soldiers should be rewarded for their service with better wages and excellent benefits.Not only is it the right thing to do, it enhances recruiting through a clear demonstration that military service is honored and rewarded.When young americans enlist and serve abroad, they are giving years of their lives that would otherwise be spent going to college, embarking on a career, or starting a family.They should be able to easily resume these pursuits upon their return to civilian life.

Young americans have a very large and very real stake in the u.S.Maintaining a strong national defense and homeland security.It is more than a constitutional commitment to provide for the common defense, it is young americans that may be called upon to pay the ultimate price if we fail to maintain peace and stability.Restore america's legacy seeks out candidates that will honor the government's commitment to its own citizens, to our allies and friends abroad, and to our veterans.It is the primary function of the federal government to provide for the common defense, a function that should never be used as a chip in political battles and negotiations.The federal government must continue providing for the common defense and being a force for freedom and democracy across the world.