All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-06-2013, 04:35 PM

rajeshsharma is on a distinguished road
Help needed!! Nokia 603

Hi,
I am a newbie here, though I lurked for a long time. I joined for a very urgent reason.
I have been using Nokia 603, running the latest version of Symbian, but I have noted that the memory on my phone is disappearing. I save all my stuff on my memory card, and don't use the c drive for any purpose, but I notice that the space keeps reducing. I am now left with only 3 mb on my c drive. I want to know how can I create more space on my phone? there is no data on my c drive that can be transferred to the memory card.
I did take my phone to a Nokia Care, but the engineer there said something on the lines of doing a complete restore, in which I would lose all data. isnt there an easier way? I installed the X-plore app, but wasn't sure which file I should delete to create space. there are a lot of .dat files in my cache (I watch a lot of videos online). are these safe for deleting? Help would be greatly appreciated.
Ads

Old 09-06-2013, 06:55 AM

Its been two days since I asked this question and no response yet? Pls help people, as I am now down to just 2.3-2.5 mb of free space. I discovered that if I restart my phone, some free space miraculously reappears, but vanishes again. I am clearing my browser cached religiously as well, but sine I have stopped surfing, it is not helping. I did delete some .dat files, but those were really small in size, so it didn't help. I there any particular place/folder I should be loking at to delete unwanted files?

Old 10-06-2013, 08:32 AM

KimJefferson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsharma View Post
Hi,
I am a newbie here, though I lurked for a long time. I joined for a very urgent reason.
I have been using Nokia 603, running the latest version of Symbian, but I have noted that the memory on my phone is disappearing. I save all my stuff on my memory card, and don't use the c drive for any purpose, but I notice that the space keeps reducing. I am now left with only 3 mb on my c drive. I want to know how can I create more space on my phone? there is no data on my c drive that can be transferred to the memory card.
I did take my
led light phone to a Nokia Care, but the engineer there said something on the lines of doing a complete restore, in which I would lose all data. isnt there an easier way? I installed the X-plore app, but wasn't sure which file I should delete to create space. there are a lot of .dat files in my cache (I watch a lot of videos online). are these safe for deleting? Help would be greatly appreciated.
Search in Google to find right answer. Get in contact with Nokia care center to solve it .

Last edited by KimJefferson; 11-06-2013 at 05:58 AM.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimJefferson View Post
Search in Google to find right answer. Get in contact with Nokia care center to solve it .
did both, neither helped. The Noia Care Reps' solution was to reset the phone to factory settings, deleting all data and upgrades, which didn't sound like a solution to me. And googling up only brings up more questions rather than any solution. Can you point out to a site (other than Google) that may provide a solution?