All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-12-2012, 09:10 AM

arijitb is on a distinguished road
Surprised to see picture quality between N8 and 808

This is my 1st post in this forum, hope I'm posting in the right section....else please move this post in the right direction.

I took couple shot from my top-floor to the horizon where sun is brightly light the whole scene from the left hand side and I can assure the two camera phone are situated indoor so no lens flare or anything.

The N8 shot which I shot in C mode - 9MP - 16:9 - Color Tone - Vivid - Flash off

This turned out to be the best one for color reproduction - I mean looks good. Below the original file for close look.

http://bit.ly/Tzh7FS

-----------

The 808 shot which I shot Creative Mode - 8MP Pureview - 16:9 - Color Tone - Vivid - Flash off - Focus Mode - Automatic.

This turned out to be pretty pinkish from the left side - not so good color like N8 one
here the original file for closer look.

http://bit.ly/SwvD1m

----------

Then I also tried 808's full auto 5MP purview mode, but result is not so diffrent otherwise.

So, now my question Is this is a fault of my 808 ? Please experts help me out with your comments.

My N8 is almost year old and My 808 less than 2months old..... Earlier I'm N82 user which is still with me as a backup phone.

P.S; I share the file via skydrive, don't know any other image sharing service which can display the untouched image, So please let me know if this is not allowed here.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:22 AM

soham is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitb View Post
This is my 1st post in this forum, hope I'm posting in the right section....else please move this post in the right direction.

I took couple shot from my top-floor to the horizon where sun is brightly light the whole scene from the left hand side and I can assure the two camera phone are situated indoor so no lens flare or anything.

The N8 shot which I shot in C mode - 9MP - 16:9 - Color Tone - Vivid - Flash off

This turned out to be the best one for color reproduction - I mean looks good. Below the original file for close look.

http://bit.ly/Tzh7FS

-----------

The 808 shot which I shot Creative Mode - 8MP Pureview - 16:9 - Color Tone - Vivid - Flash off - Focus Mode - Automatic.

This turned out to be pretty pinkish from the left side - not so good color like N8 one
here the original file for closer look.

http://bit.ly/SwvD1m

----------

Then I also tried 808's full auto 5MP purview mode, but result is not so diffrent otherwise.

So, now my question Is this is a fault of my 808 ? Please experts help me out with your comments.

My N8 is almost year old and My 808 less than 2months old..... Earlier I'm N82 user which is still with me as a backup phone.

P.S; I share the file via skydrive, don't know any other image sharing service which can display the untouched image, So please let me know if this is not allowed here.
It depends even upon the version which you are using and N8 is a newly updated version.

The SUPER HUGE Paychecks In Empower Network Is Simply "Bad Ass"!!!
Click This Photo Link To Watch The Video

Old 02-12-2012, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soham View Post
It depends even upon the version which you are using and N8 is a newly updated version.
Thanks for the reply soham,

I agree I bought N8 pretty late it comes pre-load Belle out-of-the- box....I just updated it to Belle Refresh which currently running software version no: 111.040.1511.
Software Date 2012-07-08.

Where my 808 run on Nokia Belle Feature Pack 2, Software Version : 113.010.1506 ,
Software Date 2012-08-30.

Still the 808 software pretty new then N8.
------------------------------

Those 2 picture shot in the same time and the same postion and angle, N8 produce the color of sky pretty natural i,e sky color but 808 turned it into a overcast grey sky.....

This is shocking for me,

I know the two picture I upload, the sun / light source not in perfect angle according to the photography rule...which must be behind the camera not the left side of the camera.

But how come N8 manage to produce natural looking color where 808 turned different.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply soham,

I agree I bought N8 pretty late it comes pre-load Belle out-of-the- box....I just updated it to Belle Refresh which currently running software version no: 111.040.1511.
Software Date 2012-07-08.

Where my 808 run on Nokia Belle Feature Pack 2, Software Version : 113.010.1506 ,
Software Date 2012-08-30.

Still the 808 software pretty new then N8.
------------------------------

Those 2 picture shot in the same time and the same postion and angle, N8 produce the color of sky pretty natural i,e sky color but 808 turned it into a overcast grey sky.....

This is shocking for me,

I know the two picture I upload, the sun / light source not in perfect angle according to the photography rule...which must be behind the camera not the left side of the camera.

But how come N8 manage to produce natural looking color where 808 turned different.
May be because of the flash . N8 is having a better flash than 808

Old 04-12-2012, 12:59 PM

Ok.....Here again I tried to make the shot....Wanted to 808 beat the N8 somehow in the color reproduction....but result is just opposite.

I snap the photo when Sun is at the back and lit the whole scene of it's natural light as well as deep shadows....just like we normal people do. Agreed 808 bring the much more detailing (sky as well as here and there) in the picture but it N8 again produce the good-looking picture which is genrally acceptable in our eyes.

Both picture shot in the same settings as the previous two....which I mentioned in my first post.

N8 snap:-

http://bit.ly/SJdID0

808 Snap:-

http://bit.ly/YKDlJ0

After I snap the photo download to my PC, examine and looked out the same window and realize, N8 produce the color more accurate than the 808 which decrease yellowish color of sunlight (which is good in some extent) and pickup the purple hue from those 2 house from the right side and give artificial color.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:32 AM
Banned

SDK is on a distinguished road
Thank you, I think if mobile phone shell phosphite good feeling is very good, give a person a kind of poetic feeling not to be stained with fingerprint design, is not easy to dirty dust, easy clean can effectively shock and buffer bump down explosion protection function

Old 07-12-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Thank you, I think if mobile phone shell phosphite good feeling is very good, give a person a kind of poetic feeling not to be stained with fingerprint design, is not easy to dirty dust, easy clean can effectively shock and buffer bump down explosion protection function
I can't understand the meaning of your post...Sorry English is not my first language though.....

But if you implying that there is a possibility of Dirty lenses, I can assure you the 808 lenses and the phone itself in pristine condition, It stayed with bundle Nokia protective Case CC-3046 and yet to get micro sim to use as a phone.

And N8 used with Nokia Silicon Cover CC-1005 will be year old in this coming Feb.2013, but it's lenses glass is dirt and smudge free...Actually I don't use this as a primary phone....It is a Holiday Phone.

My phone are Samsung Andriods (Galaxy Y & Tab) and Nokia E63/N82....Those took all torture.

Last edited by arijitb; 07-12-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
I can't understand the meaning of your post...Sorry English is not my first language though.....

But if you implying that there is a possibility of Dirty lenses, I can assure you the 808 lenses and the phone itself in pristine condition, It stayed with bundle Nokia protective Case CC-3046 and yet to get micro sim to use as a phone.

And N8 used with Nokia Silicon Cover CC-1005 will be year old in this coming Feb.2013, but it's lenses glass is dirt and smudge free...Actually I don't use this as a primary phone....It is a Holiday Phone.

My phone are Samsung Andriods (Galaxy Y & Tab) and Nokia E63/N82....Those took all torture.
Yes , I do agree with you. But according to me any set of Nokia is the best for long term use other than Samsung.

Old 13-12-2012, 06:57 AM
Banned

SDK is on a distinguished road
Very thank you for your information, look forward to your update again ah

Old 26-01-2013, 12:06 AM

mazor is on a distinguished road
strange , have not noticed pink tinting on the right side. I know of the blue tinting on the right side when using high ISO in lower light.

Have you tried not using vivid mode. Maybe it is affecting the color temperature.

From the images you are showing there is a good one stop advantage to the 808 in terms of shadow noise, and as for per pixel sharpness, there is no question the 808 has it in the bag!

Old 01-02-2013, 03:39 AM
Banned

RTGDJF is on a distinguished road
Very thank you for your information, look forward to your update again ah
Ads