All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 22-01-2005, 10:10 AM

simonmcc is on a distinguished road
ppp over bluetooth

Is there any way to connect the X to a PC via bluetooth, and use that as a TCP/IP connection?

Basically - is there any way of connecting to the internet using a home network as a gateway?

I have looked through all the menu options I can find, and can't see how to do this

Thanks

Simon

Old 22-01-2005, 12:29 PM

psintak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmcc
Is there any way to connect the X to a PC via bluetooth, and use that as a TCP/IP connection?

Basically - is there any way of connecting to the internet using a home network as a gateway?

I have looked through all the menu options I can find, and can't see how to do this

Thanks

Simon
Create new Access point with Data bearer GPRS and leave all other fields it blank. Now connect your Sendo X to mRouter with Bluetooth or IrDa. And now you can use this Access point as gateway to PC.
(but some apps do not support this type of connection)

Old 25-01-2005, 01:13 PM

simonmcc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by psintak
Create new Access point with Data bearer GPRS and leave all other fields it blank. Now connect your Sendo X to mRouter with Bluetooth or IrDa. And now you can use this Access point as gateway to PC.
(but some apps do not support this type of connection)
I've got that *half* working.

For example, in opera, if I connect to an online webpage, it brings up the connection screen, and I select my test connection.

The little 'G' flashes for a few seconds and then turns to [G] with a square round it, which I assume it means the connection is established.

The selected page loads from the internet, as expected, but then the connection is disonnected, no [G] or 'G'

Similar behavior in avantgo

What am I doing wrong?

Any ideas??

Thanks

Simon

Old 26-01-2005, 10:43 PM

psintak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmcc
I've got that *half* working.

For example, in opera, if I connect to an online webpage, it brings up the connection screen, and I select my test connection.

The little 'G' flashes for a few seconds and then turns to [G] with a square round it, which I assume it means the connection is established.

The selected page loads from the internet, as expected, but then the connection is disonnected, no [G] or 'G'

Similar behavior in avantgo

What am I doing wrong?

Any ideas??

Thanks

Simon
After some flashes of G, it should not turn to [G] - it means that you are connected with GPRS, but you have to be connected with your PC connection.
Try some other program (not only Opera) if it works ...
Ads