All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-11-2006, 04:17 PM

dani007nl is on a distinguished road
PC shuts down when connecting N73 in "Mass Storage"

Recently I've upgraded to the Nokia N73.
Everytime I try to connect it to the computer with the USB cable and choose to connect in "Mass Storage" Mode the computer just shuts down and restarts itself. I HAVE installed the latest PC Suite and cable drivers. (I'm using XP SP2) What could there be going wrong? Especially since the phone DOES connect when choosing the "PC Suite" Mode.

Old 18-11-2006, 05:42 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Never seen such with my N73. Tried different USB ports? A separate USB hub? Another PC?
Ads

Old 18-11-2006, 07:00 PM

dani007nl is on a distinguished road
Yes, it happens with every USB port and with every other PC I tried. My Service Centre says that I didn't install the cable drivers, wich I DID! I really have no idea why it happens. Same problem occurs whenever I plugin my older nokia 6280. On every other PC, with every other USB port. The moment the phone connects with the computer and I get the message of "new hardware detected" the computers just reboot themselves. I replaced both phones and USB cables at the service centre but the problem continues.

Strangely enough, whenever I connect the phones in "PC Suite" mode everything just works fine. I can freely browse the phone's memory and memory card but I still prefer to use the "Mass Storage" Mode to transfer songs and download pictures from my phone to the computer and vice versa.