All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-12-2010, 05:55 PM

Telecaster is on a distinguished road
Car holder Nokia N8?

Which holder du you recommend for the Nokia N8, I need a new one for my car?

Thanks in advance
Mike

Old 17-12-2010, 07:05 PM

boothy is on a distinguished road
I woud suggest the genuine nokia version

link to ebay:http:

//shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=genuine+n okia+car+holder+for+n8&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I have 2 and the nokia seems less abrasu=ive when inserting etc

Boothy

Old 18-12-2010, 11:47 AM

spooley is on a distinguished road
I've got the Brodit powered holder ...http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodi...dit-Holder.asp which works nicely. Expensive, but a good product which holds the phone snugly, aligns well with the (usb) power connector and leaves all the buttons on the phone accessible.

I've used Brodit mounts in the car for P990, E71, N900 and - now - N8. The common base makes it easy to swap holders at the ball/socket universal joint.

And on the pushbike, I use a (much cheaper!) holder from eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160517618926

Simon

Old 19-12-2010, 09:11 AM

strcmp is on a distinguished road
I bought one of these because it was cheap.
Halfords cheap and crappy holder
The holder has small plastic teeth which fit onto the vents on one of the heaters. My car has a very convenient placement, which means the phone is below the windscreen but well within reach. It's also quite close to the radio, so the FM transmitter works well from that position.
It holds the phone well but you can't get a USB power source in under the side pads and of course the bottom of the device is completely covered too. The unlock switch is just about accessible on the right hand side as long as you put the sticky pads supplied at the front of the side pads.

I have cut out a small hole in the bottom of mine and fixed a small nokia charger through it, it fits into the bottom of the phone quite nicely. The charger I use came from Argos for about a fiver too, and it's got adaptors for most phone types or anything which can charge from USB. Incidentally, the FM transmitter works OK when the power is on too, which can be an issue with some chargers, especially cheap ones.

It's ok if you're doing it on the cheap. I'm happy with it.

Old 20-12-2010, 02:19 AM

Telecaster is on a distinguished road
Thank you guys

Cheers
Mike

Old 20-12-2010, 09:38 AM

JayTay is on a distinguished road
Another vote for the Brodit mount here!

Old 20-12-2010, 11:57 AM

megapack162 is on a distinguished road
I'm also using the Brodit Active Tilt/Swivel holder in my Passat, it allows you to have the phone in either portrait or landscape mode without fear of it falling out and as Spooley points out above it picks up power from the USB port without any fiddling. I just unscrewed the N86 holder from the mount kit and replaced it with the N8 version.

The mount kit doesn't seem to damage the dashboard when it clips in around the central vents as it comes with tapered spacers to open the gaps up.

Well worth the money.

Last edited by megapack162; 20-12-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Old 21-12-2010, 01:00 PM

Ess.Pee is on a distinguished road
Nokia N8 in car holder

I bought this Brodit Active holder mounted on Herbert Richter windscreen mount from Holders and Mounts. Highly recommended. Brodit active mount is excellent.

Here's the link.

Old 22-12-2010, 03:20 AM

buxz777 is on a distinguished road
ive never seen the point in broadit holders to be fair i find them well well overpriced and wouldnt recomend them when you can get products that do the same job for way way less

i really cant see the point in paying nearly 50 for a car holder for a n8 that costs approx 310 pounds from o2 and tesco

there are much cheaper just as suitable alternatives avalible on the market that will cost between 5pounds and 15pounds maximum

this way you could buy 35-45 pounds worth of apps or even have a fund day out somewhere or a dinner out

shop about mate and iam sure youll find some that do a great job for a fraction of the price of a broadit car holder which is a good holder but just well well to exspensive for what it is ---- a mobile phone holder lol

Old 22-12-2010, 09:05 AM

JayTay is on a distinguished road
I went with Brodit as I wanted a secure holder that would clip onto the dashboard without damaging anything and wouldn't need to use suction cups and stick on the windscreen. I'd rather pay a little more and get something decent but YMMV.

Old 23-12-2010, 02:09 PM

Ess.Pee is on a distinguished road
To me it's worth spending a little extra. In past I spent few pennies buying cheap holders from auction sites and to be honest, they kept on falling off my windscreen. I spend fair bit of my time in my car and this one has an amazing suction mount and it's worth spending little extra on something I'll be using fair amount.

Old 29-06-2011, 11:03 AM

arabianjules is on a distinguished road
i got a nice one from hong kong on ebay, used the guy b4 for my 5800, also he does a `bike` attachment so i can fix it to my MTB...cost less than 5.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:17 AM

sunblaze is on a distinguished road
Ads