All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 25-06-2006, 11:36 AM

MurphmanL is on a distinguished road
Unhappy NOOO My N80 is Scarred!

Well blow me down, had my n80 just under a week and now I think its had it.
Well, its nothing bad enough to kill it, the phone still works perfectly however a serious hinderance has occurred and I cannot see how, possibly due to th forces of nature.

Basically it went like this:
I started up the music player and started listening to tracks, looked at my n80 screen, lovely... 5 bars of battery left.
Look away to talk to someone quickly, about 5 seconds later look back and...
4 bars, ok fine thats good. But wait!

WHAT IS THAT?!?!
In the bottom right hand corner of the screen... the most irritating piece of , is it dust, is it dirt? is it even possibly a scrach?!

One thing is for sure though, its sooo irritating its just so noticable, it ruins the n80!!! Gah, lets remove it shall we? But wait, what's this it doesnt remove?!?!

Ive scrubbed , ive rubbed and ive more or less tried everything I can think of, even shaking the n80 senseless but its no use!

I think later on when I get back home ill even take a photo just to show you, its so irritating to have a £500 worth phone ruined by some shitty piece of grime thats somehow magically appeared.

My question is HOW?! and WHEN?!
I swear i looked away for one second and it has somehow wedged itself or attached itself quite firmly to my n80.
It is not a scratch since it was in open air, I literally looked away for 5 seconds... oh this is a disaster lol, i apologise for dramatising but i cannot stand thins like this and it could lead to me selling my n80.

So does anyone have any idea what I can do?
Still am a little unconvinced its underneath the screen despite its unwillingness to move... if it is, how do I go about manually getting under just to remove the bugger?

Old 25-06-2006, 03:31 PM

_Dx_ is on a distinguished road
maybe u can use polish

Old 26-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe try switching it off over night, sober up. Switch on again and see if it's gone... Seriously though there may not be a lot you can do. If there is dirt under the screen casing a service center can remove it fo you.

Old 26-06-2006, 08:20 AM

Cash is on a distinguished road
I still have the protective cover that came with the phone on my screen, normally these things are the first to come of, but I resisted and am glad I did because I think the screen would be full of little scratched by now, an I am going to get some replacemenets because in a few weeks I think it will need changing .

Old 26-06-2006, 08:45 AM

mcsleazycrisps is on a distinguished road
I had a piece of dust under my screen - not sure how it appeared. Just unscrew the back and take off the cover then blow it off (just make sure you don't blow any more on to the screen!)

Old 26-06-2006, 10:58 AM

BHOY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash
I still have the protective cover that came with the phone on my screen, normally these things are the first to come of, but I resisted and am glad I did because I think the screen would be full of little scratched by now, an I am going to get some replacemenets because in a few weeks I think it will need changing .

Im going to purchase some new screen protectors too,do you have a link to anywhere selling them?
Ads

Old 26-06-2006, 11:10 AM

mcsleazycrisps is on a distinguished road
http://l8shop.net/Products/Martin_Fi...Nokia_N80.aspx

or try eBay

Old 27-06-2006, 05:18 AM

_Dx_ is on a distinguished road
well, im not like buying that, i always have used phones without screen protectors, and nothing has happened to my phones, i take care of them a lot

Old 27-06-2006, 06:04 AM

Cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dx_
well, im not like buying that, i always have used phones without screen protectors, and nothing has happened to my phones, i take care of them a lot
I always take care of my phones also, but there is no way that I can garrantee that the screen will never get scratched, even a small scratch p*sses me off, and the screen protector that came with the phone works really well, and for a few quid I am happy to pay for a little protection

Old 30-06-2007, 01:52 PM

dimensionfx is on a distinguished road
It could be a lit pixel? There's something about them mentioned in the troubleshooting guide.