All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-11-2007, 12:52 PM

Wookie-HTID is on a distinguished road
Talking N-Gage Excitement!!

Wow - thats all i can say really lol.

I installed v20 last night, which i must firstly point out is fantastic! No keypress bug, quicker boot times and general response times! WOW!

Well done Nokia!!

But the icing on the cake was when i had a free demo game of "FIFA" on my phone, ohhhh gosh!! How brilliant is it!

Looking at the graphics here and what can be done with this phone, im truly excited about the N-Gage release next month, just when i thought my N95 couldnt get any better, and then this.

*bows to the Nokia gods*

Old 28-11-2007, 01:31 PM

oxfordmark is on a distinguished road
I cant get excited over this... I found Fifa very hard to play on it! I must say though, the graphics are very good.

Old 28-11-2007, 01:47 PM

3Shirts is on a distinguished road
I often find that games that aren't specifically designed for phones (emulators) or ones that are ported from other formats (like fifa) are quite awkward. Actually I found this one alright but the limitations of a keypad that is not designed for gaming are obvious.
It helps a lot if the game disables the middle button so you can roll across the directions easily, and the menu and media keys.

Last edited by 3Shirts; 28-11-2007 at 01:59 PM.

Old 28-11-2007, 08:38 PM

rottie is on a distinguished road
I find playing on numeric keypad easier. Otherwise I keep pressing the menu buttons accidentaly all the time.

One question - what's all this hype abut waiting for N-gage if full versions of these games are available for a long time now??

Last edited by rottie; 29-11-2007 at 01:15 AM.
Ads

Old 28-11-2007, 09:44 PM

paul.johnston is on a distinguished road
if they start intergrating the wii controllers into controlling the games, like wii-rider, it would be more fun!!

Old 29-11-2007, 11:52 AM

8Ball is on a distinguished road
Good way to control the games is a bluetooth keyboard. That way you can hook it up to the TV and play from the sofa. Not bad when you're holiday as it makes a cheap portable games console.

Old 29-11-2007, 04:23 PM

rottie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
Good way to control the games is a bluetooth keyboard. That way you can hook it up to the TV and play from the sofa. Not bad when you're holiday as it makes a cheap portable games console.
Sounds like you're having a blast on your holiday...

Old 03-12-2007, 12:56 PM

Wookie-HTID is on a distinguished road
Yeah the bluetooth keyboard was definately my main aim. Not that it'll help me when i wanna play on my bus on my way home or anything, but its just great to go round your mates and brag about how good your phone is lol

Old 03-12-2007, 01:26 PM

Pheonix SZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie-HTID View Post
Wow - thats all i can say really lol.

I installed v20 last night, which i must firstly point out is fantastic! No keypress bug, quicker boot times and general response times! WOW!

Well done Nokia!!

But the icing on the cake was when i had a free demo game of "FIFA" on my phone, ohhhh gosh!! How brilliant is it!

Looking at the graphics here and what can be done with this phone, im truly excited about the N-Gage release next month, just when i thought my N95 couldnt get any better, and then this.

*bows to the Nokia gods*
I agree - it's great, BUT ...

... the Bluetooth SUCKS !
Drop-outs all the time - PC, headset, GPS.

*Kicks Nokia gods up the a$$*

Old 10-12-2007, 01:36 PM

PatricOj is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
I cant get excited over this... I found Fifa very hard to play on it! I must say though, the graphics are very good.
I tried the latest build on my N95-2 8GB and the music keys could be used for landscape mode play in Fifa