All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-10-2004, 02:29 PM

raaj is on a distinguished road
Files not getting deleted on Mem card!

Hi all,

Got a new problem.

Image files accesed through "gallery" are not getting deleted when I tried. The message i am getting is: "Unable to delete".

But when i tried to delete them through nokia's "file manager" in "tools", they are getting deleted without any problem.

What could be the cause??

Thanks in advance :-)

Raaj.

Old 17-10-2004, 02:52 PM
7610 Moderator

Vicky is on a distinguished road
U must have transfered the files from computer.
Just put in computer back Press right click and there is a Tick on "READ-ONLY" just remove it and then again transfer to phone.Then u would be able to delete those files in gallery only.

Old 17-10-2004, 07:14 PM

Question

Nope, that's not it.

I just took a snap and tried deleting it from the "gallery" but still the same problem. I can't even move the file!

I connected it back to the computer and deleted from the windows explorer and it got deleted.

Why not from the gallery?? The funny thing is, I have two filders in the "images" folder called "wallpapers" and "personal". The images in those folders are getting deleted.

very annoying.....

thanks for trying.... :-)

Raaj.
Ads

Old 20-10-2004, 10:39 AM

silkshadow is on a distinguished road
Humm, try using FE explorer and see if you can delete it. If you can then there is some wierd bug in your gallery app. If you can't, then the pics are being flagged as read only for some reason. Post back an we can work it out.

Old 28-10-2004, 11:26 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkshadow
Humm, try using FE explorer and see if you can delete it. If you can then there is some wierd bug in your gallery app. If you can't, then the pics are being flagged as read only for some reason. Post back an we can work it out.
Yeah, FE is able to delete the files and also I can delete the files from "tools -> file manager" but not directly from gallery.

i can even delete the files from a sub-folder in "images" directly from the gallery (like "images -> wallpaper"...i can delete from wallpaper but not from images.)

any help would be appreciated.

thanks, vicky and silkshadow for the support.

raaj.