All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-10-2003, 09:44 PM

elfer_fan is on a distinguished road
How to remove provider labe from screen

Hi all,

I was wondering if there's a way or hack to remove the provider label (in my case AT&t WIRELESS) in huge letters across the screen of my P800. It obscures my wallpaper and looks simply ugly.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks

elfer

Old 07-10-2003, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
If you are asking whether you can change the Operator Logo then the answer is no,sorry.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 07-10-2003, 12:43 AM

well, it's not really the Logo, just the AT&T text string, I was hoping was somehow editable.... no?

elfer
Ads

Old 07-10-2003, 02:30 AM

fonzki is on a distinguished road
Been wondering for ages myself. But i guess there's no way to do it, since i have never seen anyone answer this query.

Old 07-10-2003, 08:12 AM

hAnDyGUY is on a distinguished road
just change the background that have that big text!!
go to Control Panel -> Display

choose another wallpaper

Old 07-10-2003, 01:18 PM

well, If it was that easy! The text is "not" part of the wallpaper, it is superimposed over it. I figured if anyone knows how to get into the service menu of the p800, there might be a way to edit the string......

elfer

Old 07-10-2003, 03:55 PM

chunkstar is on a distinguished road
I think the provider info is on your SIM card

Old 07-10-2003, 03:57 PM

nk8 is on a distinguished road
the operator logo was easy to change on the 7650, i thought it'd be the same on the p800, the operator logo couldn't be stored on the sim card could it? vbecause say you were on tmobile in the uk, and you connect to tmobile it'll say tmobile, but when you roam in australia with the same sim card onto optus, itll say optus and not tmobile, but the optus operator logo couldn't have been on the sim card to start off with because that means it'd have to have all the operator logos that are possible to roam onto, stored on the sim card to start off with.

www.haroboy.boltblue.com

Old 07-10-2003, 04:06 PM

chunkstar is on a distinguished road
hhmmm you're right. maybe they're saved to the SIM as you roam onto a new newwork (like a text message)

Old 07-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Administrator

J2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud of
This was discussed quite some time ago when the P800 first came out (Jan-Feb 2003?) and it was decided that it was not possible to remove or change the op logo on the P800.

I can't remember the exact reasons but there in this forum somewhere

Old 07-10-2003, 04:26 PM

darn :((

Old 08-10-2003, 04:06 PM

nk8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by chunkstar
hhmmm you're right. maybe they're saved to the SIM as you roam onto a new newwork (like a text message)
hmmm, that's differen't to what i'm saying, :p , i was saying that when you use international roaming, away from your own home network, it displays the new operator logo that you've roamed onto, this is a fact, but then it means that wherever you roam onto, it'll always update the operator logo to that network you roam onto, which means that it couldn't possibly be stored on the sim card as that would mean that ALL operator logos are stored ont he sim card to start off with.

www.haroboy.boltblue.com

Old 09-10-2003, 12:34 PM

hAnDyGUY is on a distinguished road
as nk8 said, I believe operator's logo is sent with the network id, so whenever u roam anywhere u'll have the provider's logo on ur screen.

I don't think u were able to change operator's logo on the 7650, u were only able to present a different logo or image instead of the logo, as it's in most other mobiles (in Samsung V200 there's an option to remove the operator's logo from screen .. etc)

the only way is to wait for someone to program a software that'll allow us to insert a different logo

Old 09-10-2003, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
Quote:
don't think u were able to change operator's logo on the 7650, u were only able to present a different logo or image instead of the logo, as it's in most other mobiles (in Samsung V200 there's an option to remove the operator's logo from screen .. etc)
I beg to differ.The program that changes the operator logo on S60 devices works on a very simple principle.Whenever a user wants to customize its phone he start an application called Operator Logo Dbase Changer.The before mentioned application taps in to the database of operator logos of the current operator(IE:Vodafone)then changes the operator logo to the one the user has requested.Then,all the users on that network are forced to use the same operator logo(The red and white Vodafone logo is the result of the use Operator Logo Dbase Changer by some S60 phone user with bad taste).There is one small problem when using the before explained procedure.The problem is when multiple S60 users on the same network try to use Operator Logo Dbase Changer in the same time(And this happens very often).When Operator Logo Dbase Changers is used in the same time by different users it often leads to temporary disabled base stations or even whole GSM network crashes.SE decided not to implement this feature after a large petition signed by most of the major operators world-wide.

If you don't like my previous explanation or you think its the work of a deluded mind read this one:

On S60 devices the operator logo is changed on the phone of course.You don't need any kind of third party applications as long as you have access to the file system(Well,maybe a file explorer because none of the S60 devices doesn't have it built-in).The operator logo has to meet certain standards like:The image has to be in .bmp format,the image has to be in a certain resolution(97x25 pixels),the image name has to be the operator's numerical ID(IE:For Vodafone(Greece I think,or maybe UK 222_10_0.bmp)and last it has to be stored in a certain folder - C:/system/Apps/phone/oplogo .My guess is that this feature is Series 60 specific and UIQ(For a reasons unknown to me)doesn't have it implemented.If it was a Symbian specific feature you could probably use the information I just posted to change the operator logo on the p800.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 09-10-2003, 10:50 PM

sidneylopsides is on a distinguished road
You should be able to, you can on cheapo nokia phones like 3210 3310 etc
Alcatel Easy DB, Sony J70, Ericsson T68i, Pogo, SE P800, Motorola V70, and now SE T610!