All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 13-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Ovi Store promoting Gaming with some special offer prices

The Ovi Store has regular discount offers on applications, and the current one is for some of the great games available for your Symbian smartphone. The list includes some favourites from Ovi Gaming, including Farm Frenzy (reviewed here), Doodle Jump (review) and UniWar (review). No word on how long this will last (or which regions it’s available in, so your mileage may vary), so have a look around and see if anything catches your eye.

Read on in the full article.

Old 13-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Ovi store?

If only Nokia would care to launch it's store in MAJOR countries like Brazil... The pathetic thing they like to say is ovi store (which houses less than 100 apps, none paid) does not count.

Nokia has sold about 20 MILLION smartphones in Brazil in the last year alone... But they don't care enough to do something about it.

I have had 6 nokia phones so far, 3 being top of the line smartphones, and I WON'T buy another, even though I recognize than as one of the best manufacturers out there. The hardware outside the phone and reception, screen quality is the best, but the anemic things they pass as processors and memory is not something I want to use, and NOBODY develops for symbian anymore, they can't even sell their apps for 90% of the consumers, because nokia simply can't get their store right.

If I were Nokia I would simply BUY ovigaming, handango or some other store and go from there. Abandon this crazy dream of ovi store, it's not working, and even if it starts working in the next decade (don't keep any hopes up) the mockery that is made and the general perception will take another decade to improve.

WAKE UP.

Old 13-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Ovi Store in Brazil

To be honest, I think there is nothing Nokia would want more than launch the fully paid services for Ovi Store in Brazil. I think the problem is getting agreements settled with the operators in Brazil while maintaining brazilian law regarding purchases, which is never simple in any country.

I am pretty sure that Ovi Store payment will come to Brazil eventually, when they have ironed out agreements with the operators. These things unfortunenately takes time. Remember the Android Store also misses payment in a lot of countries for similar reasons (I live in Denmark and here the Android Store still doesn't support paid apps either).
Ads

Old 13-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

Farm Frenzy is now out of Ovi Store, only the trial version is available...

Old 14-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

I want to buy 2 of this game but I always get a credit card error. Was someone able to buy this games?

Old 14-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

The promotion will last until 13 aug 2010.

http://blog.ovi.com/2010/07/13/july-...t-1-eurodollar