All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #1  
Old 27-10-2009, 06:12 PM
snuge's Avatar
snuge snuge is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 230
snuge is on a distinguished road
V20 music player bug

when playin a track on music player, if you try to go back to play another track it takes you to home screen when you press the "back" button. how stupid can nokia be?! not happy

  #2  
Old 27-10-2009, 06:23 PM
angiepea's Avatar
angiepea angiepea is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kent
Posts: 344
angiepea is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuge View Post
when playin a track on music player, if you try to go back to play another track it takes you to home screen when you press the "back" button. how stupid can nokia be?! not happy
not for me snudge, mine's ok - but i suspect you're not alone with this problem
__________________
Angie x
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

  #3  
Old 27-10-2009, 06:26 PM
celios celios is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 471
celios is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuge View Post
when playin a track on music player, if you try to go back to play another track it takes you to home screen when you press the "back" button. how stupid can nokia be?! not happy
Yes, I thought I must be missing something obvious when I pressed back and ended up on the homescreen, but I can't see any way to get back to the track list you were looking at before you started playing the current track.

This makes the music player almost unusable.

Worth waiting 4.5 months for? Nope.

  #4  
Old 27-10-2009, 06:59 PM
celios celios is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 471
celios is on a distinguished road
Have figured this problem out. The "Back" button now goes back to where you started the track from.

Soooo, if you started it using the music player widget, it will go "Back" to the homescreen.

If you started the app via the icon, navigated through the library and started playing from an album, going "Back" will take you back to the album track list.

Crazy.

  #5  
Old 27-10-2009, 07:23 PM
snuge's Avatar
snuge snuge is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 230
snuge is on a distinguished road
your solution is incorrect, i have never used the music widget always just go though the app itself. i opened my taskman and killed the music app and that appeared to fix it

  #6  
Old 27-10-2009, 07:56 PM
celios celios is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 471
celios is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuge View Post
your solution is incorrect, i have never used the music widget always just go though the app itself. i opened my taskman and killed the music app and that appeared to fix it
I don't know how you ended up with the problem, but it's repeatable when I use the music player widget.

  #7  
Old 27-10-2009, 08:26 PM
lovesign's Avatar
lovesign lovesign is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Suffolk, UK
Posts: 1,018
lovesign is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by celios View Post
I don't know how you ended up with the problem, but it's repeatable when I use the music player widget.
It used to do that in v12 too. Nothing new.
__________________
Rob (aka Failed Muso)

I Hate People Who Take Drugs.....

Customs Men For Example


V 22.0.110
(Custom Version 22.0.110.C01.01)
11-06-10
RM-505
Nokia N97

v 21.0.004
(Custom Version 21.0.004.209.03)
01-07-2010
RM-559
Nokia X6-00

6110 > 7110 > 6210i > 8210 > 7650 > 6600 > 6680 > N73 > N95 > 5800> N97 > X6

  #8  
Old 27-10-2009, 09:41 PM
celios celios is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 471
celios is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesign View Post
It used to do that in v12 too. Nothing new.
It didn't on my N97... I've been using the widget since v10 and use my N97 at the gym 2-3 times a week. I don't use playlists but might have to now as this is a right royal pain.

  #9  
Old 27-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Fleksnes Fleksnes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 52
Fleksnes is on a distinguished road
I think it's a feature. Not a bug.

- Going to music from the home screen -> back button -> home screen
(you can get to the music library from the left button).

- Going to music from application -> back button -> back to library

  #10  
Old 27-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Zyyb's Avatar
Zyyb Zyyb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 191
Zyyb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by celios View Post
It didn't on my N97... I've been using the widget since v10 and use my N97 at the gym 2-3 times a week. I don't use playlists but might have to now as this is a right royal pain.
When you figure out how to get playlists across, send me a PM please, thanks :-)

  #11  
Old 28-10-2009, 12:59 AM
theshocker theshocker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18
theshocker is on a distinguished road
wow I was getting ready to update my firmware until I read this thread. So you guys are saying if I press the play button on the music player widget to start my music, then press the back button it'll go back to the home screen?? What if I just press the music player icon on the widget (the icon to the left of the "previous track" button) to start the music player, then hit play to start the music, and then hit back. Will it still go back to the home screen?

  #12  
Old 28-10-2009, 08:05 AM
celios celios is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 471
celios is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshocker View Post
wow I was getting ready to update my firmware until I read this thread. So you guys are saying if I press the play button on the music player widget to start my music, then press the back button it'll go back to the home screen?? What if I just press the music player icon on the widget (the icon to the left of the "previous track" button) to start the music player, then hit play to start the music, and then hit back. Will it still go back to the home screen?
If you use the music player icon on the widget, the behaviour is the same (you'll go back to the home screen and not the list of tracks).

  #13  
Old 28-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Wildsau Wildsau is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 43
Wildsau is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesign View Post
It used to do that in v12 too. Nothing new.
didn't do that with 12.0.026. Hitting back brought me to the songs list, another "back" to the album list. Never to the homescreen.

  #14  
Old 28-10-2009, 10:48 PM
theshocker theshocker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18
theshocker is on a distinguished road
what a stupid bug, I will not be upgrading to v20 because of this...hopefully Nokia fixes this soon but I'm not holding my breath.

  #15  
Old 28-10-2009, 10:54 PM
lovesign's Avatar
lovesign lovesign is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Suffolk, UK
Posts: 1,018
lovesign is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshocker View Post
what a stupid bug, I will not be upgrading to v20 because of this...hopefully Nokia fixes this soon but I'm not holding my breath.
Or you cold just hit "Options" and select Music Library.

Simples.
__________________
Rob (aka Failed Muso)

I Hate People Who Take Drugs.....

Customs Men For Example


V 22.0.110
(Custom Version 22.0.110.C01.01)
11-06-10
RM-505
Nokia N97

v 21.0.004
(Custom Version 21.0.004.209.03)
01-07-2010
RM-559
Nokia X6-00

6110 > 7110 > 6210i > 8210 > 7650 > 6600 > 6680 > N73 > N95 > 5800> N97 > X6
Ads
 

Bookmarks

Tags
bug, music, player, v20

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
N97 music player paddydog Nokia Nseries S60 5.0 phones (Nokia N97 and Nokia N97 mini) 3 09-07-2009 01:49 PM
Want music player software for 6681 joeltejdeep Nokia 6630, 6680, 6681 and 6682 1 12-11-2007 11:41 PM
Music Player always on at startup? tspierings Nokia N71, Nokia N73 and Nokia N75 1 07-09-2007 07:32 PM
N70 Music Player doesn't see new music symbian_simon Nokia N70, N72 and N90 3 04-09-2007 05:04 PM
p990i music player! jalal90 Sony Ericsson P990 0 17-07-2007 09:19 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:00 AM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy