All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Links of Interest

Old 11-07-2009, 10:38 PM

richardyates is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the link - spent all afternoon trying to get it to work and it wouldn't - tried it again after your post and it seems to be working now

Good job perhaps I speak some Italian

Old 11-07-2009, 10:41 PM

JohnnyN is on a distinguished road
And before I get slammed as a Nokia lover. I am considering getting this device when my contract ends. Firmware updates for handsets that are rushed out onto the market seem to be common nowadays. It's a shame. Even the iphone has this problem (wifi issues)

Old 11-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

Once again, you are misinformed. There are literally tens of thousands of posts around the internet complaining about the audio quality from the initial release; from people who actually own the device.

Some people actually want the best from their phone instead of keeping quiet and thinking-up false issues in other manufacturers' products due to the brand loyalty that they're quick to deny. Remember that, JohnnyN...
Ads

Old 12-07-2009, 01:19 AM

Tenkom is on a distinguished road
Has anyone been able to make this work? I've installed an italian ie4 firmware and tried the Update software but it still says "Your phone is no supported"

Old 12-07-2009, 05:02 PM

You contradict yourself by claiming that I'm making up false issues straight after agreeing that there was a fault with the i8910! You can have these clownshoes back sir.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

The clown shoes never left you, my friend. YOU were the one who made up no wifi and out-of-synch audio.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:27 PM

Nope, you can have them back along with a red nose and a funny hat, as I never claimed there was no wifi on the samsung, merely that Orange never advertised it as being a feature. Now run along.

Old 13-07-2009, 05:12 AM
NZtechfreak

cassia so-called

For me I've noticed these things in the new firmware:

- much improved browser performance
- seems like a slight speed increase everywhere (was already very fast)
- 16kH 256kbps AAC encoded sound on video (sounds very good now) along with improved FPS
- camera now remembers user settings between sessions (like blink recognition on etc)
- few new widgets, the WiFi one being very welcome for me
- improved keyboard response times
- two new games (brain challenge and Texas Holdem poker)
- the download app (my V7 Polish firmware was missing this...)
- fixed the bug that wouldn't let me assign my own email alert tone (now I have Futurama's Bender declaring "I have mail", small thing, it makes me very happy with Roadsync true push HTML email...)
- they claim other stability fixes, but I can't see where, it was already the most stable early-release S60 phone I've ever owned...

EDIT: Oh yes, HelloOX works too

EDIT EDIT: Samsungi8910omnia has all the files and instructions needed to get the italian firmware. I used the flashing tool to get mine up to V7 Italian firmware, then the PC Suite detected an update was available.

Old 13-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

recently there was a MACRO VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! shot on i8910 on youtube i dont know if it is a trick the guy is not answering the coments but my hopes are high http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmCz329D9Nc there are 2 more

Old 13-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

I can't believe...

....Always behind the last runner about everything we have the most updated firmware. Only a little reason to be proud to be italian. Remember, the only one.

Old 13-07-2009, 09:50 PM

P_H is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
For me I've noticed these things in the new firmware:

- much improved browser performance
- seems like a slight speed increase everywhere (was already very fast)
- 16kH 256kbps AAC encoded sound on video (sounds very good now) along with improved FPS
- camera now remembers user settings between sessions (like blink recognition on etc)
- few new widgets, the WiFi one being very welcome for me
- improved keyboard response times
- two new games (brain challenge and Texas Holdem poker)
- the download app (my V7 Polish firmware was missing this...)
- fixed the bug that wouldn't let me assign my own email alert tone (now I have Futurama's Bender declaring "I have mail", small thing, it makes me very happy with Roadsync true push HTML email...)
- they claim other stability fixes, but I can't see where, it was already the most stable early-release S60 phone I've ever owned...

EDIT: Oh yes, HelloOX works too

EDIT EDIT: Samsungi8910omnia has all the files and instructions needed to get the italian firmware. I used the flashing tool to get mine up to V7 Italian firmware, then the PC Suite detected an update was available.
The whole list sounds really nice, but I think I shall wait for the regular update. Reason being that the Omnia is already performing very well and I wouldn't like to spoil something on the way of flashing the phone. Plus do you lose warranty by doing this?

Old 16-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Tsais

some say you do loose warranty, some say you "may" loose warranty

Since I'm already having problems with the phone constantly hanging, on simple things like just writing SMS, with nothing running in the background, I won't take the risk, since I don't know if my phone has some hardware problem. Suspecting mass storage faulty / corrupted, cause files copied to the phone sometimes play and sometimes don't... idk