All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-04-2007, 06:35 PM

kulveer is on a distinguished road
Unlock My Orange N95??? How Do I Do It?

Just Need To Know If Theres A Way To Unlock The N95 To All Networks For Free?
Ads

Old 30-04-2007, 07:36 PM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
There is a way... is is free or not, I don´t know. Ask your operator about the unlock code.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:09 PM

VJ_UK is on a distinguished road
Unlocking Nokia N95 on Orange for £21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulveer View Post
Nothing in life is free!

I have recently bought a Nokia N95 on Orange but I'm with 02, so needed it unlocking. I've visited several phone shops and nobody can unlock this phone. I even called the Nokia service centre and they advised that only the service provider can perform this action.

I've had it unlocked by Orange and this is my guide..

1) Buy an Orange Pay as you go sim. This can be bought at a local phone shop for a few pounds or of the Orange website for £1
You have to have an Orange account in order to get the phone unlocked.
2) When you recieve and enter the new sim in the phone you may get registration failure, at this stage you will need to register the sim by ringing Orange pay as you go on 07973 100 450 or via the Orange website (You need allow a leat a minimum of 2hrs before you can ask to get the phone unblocked. This is so that the registration process can be completed successfully first.
3) The following day Phone Orange and advise that you want your phone unblocked. They will advise that it costs £20 and you will need this on you account, at this stage I used my debit card to put £20 on the account (make sure you dont use the sim for calls once the £20 has been added to the account as they wont deduct the £20 straight away). You could potentially credit you account when you register your sim card. They will also ask for IMEI number of the phone, (The IMEI is located on a strip normally located behind the battery of the handsets. On most handsets, press the keys *#06# and it will be displayed in the handset window.)
4) The waiting game - the customer advisor stated that it takes 7-14 days to arrive by post or you can ask them to send it by email (mine took 3 working days to arrive by email and 6 working days by post).

The email/letter will contain unlock code which will be specific to the IMEI that you provided.

*PLEASE NOT THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE ONCE (I.E YOU CANT UNLOCK MULTIPLE HANDSETS USING THE SAME SIM CARD*

Hope this helps anyone out their in the same situation.

Last edited by VJ_UK; 30-05-2007 at 10:46 AM.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:15 PM

dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulveer View Post
If you are the original owner of the phone, supplied on an orange contract then simply phone 150 and ask the Customer Service person to order the unlock code. I phoned on Monday morning, was charged £20 (on next month's bill) and received an email containing the unlock code this moring. Easy peasy.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dez_borders View Post
If you are the original owner of the phone, supplied on an orange contract then simply phone 150 and ask the Customer Service person to order the unlock code. I phoned on Monday morning, was charged £20 (on next month's bill) and received an email containing the unlock code this moring. Easy peasy.
An email!? Bugger I wasn’t given that option! I have to wait patiently for the post to arrive.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_UK View Post
An email!? Bugger I wasn’t given that option! I have to wait patiently for the post to arrive.
Yes, I was not expecting to be given any choic, but was offered email or snail-mail (postal) option.

I also was quoted up to 28 days so did not expect anything for at least 14 days.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:27 PM

kulveer is on a distinguished road
hey

il try all that cheers peeps

Old 09-05-2007, 01:03 PM

LouieCoop is on a distinguished road
I'm not planning on doing so BUT... if I lost my phone and it was unlocked... the person who found it could use it willy nilly and have no problems (E.G a crook could pretend they'd lost it and just stick it on eBay)??

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:51 PM

Don’t quote me on this but I assume when you report the phone lost or stolen the phone would get blocked by the network provider (02). You can enable pin lock on the phone that would make it harder for anyone to use the phone by changing the default pin of 12345 to something different.

Further info - crimereduction

Last edited by VJ_UK; 09-05-2007 at 02:05 PM.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:55 PM

eyespy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieCoop View Post
I'm not planning on doing so BUT... if I lost my phone and it was unlocked... the person who found it could use it willy nilly and have no problems (E.G a crook could pretend they'd lost it and just stick it on eBay)??
Locked or unlocked a crook will be able to make money out of it - the only way to limit their ill gotten gains is to report it missing to your service provider who will then blacklist the phone using the IMEI number so that it cannot be used on any network.
Always make a note of your IMEI number *#06#

Old 10-05-2007, 06:33 PM

vRS is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the little guide.
My N95 is on Orange too and want to get it unlocked.
The only problem is that once i pay £20 and unlock it, what happens if i need to send it back if for example it develops a fault?
If i got a refurb/replacement would i have to pay another £20 to get it unlocked or would Orange unlock it free?

Just asking on here incase someone has already asked Orange about this.

Old 23-05-2007, 09:48 PM

glavaa is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

thanks to this thread and people involved i've have phoned orange and "ordered" my unlocking code.
they said 7-14 days so i have to wait and see...
and its coming via email thanks to u people,

glavaa

Old 24-05-2007, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRS View Post
once i pay £20 and unlock it, what happens if i need to send it back if for example it develops a fault?
If i got a refurb/replacement would i have to pay another £20 to get it unlocked or would Orange unlock it free?
I suspect you would have to pay another £20 to unlock the replacement handset, but until someone has reason to try this out we will not know.

Old 24-05-2007, 08:26 AM

n_s_simpson is on a distinguished road
Hi guys

I used the Nemesis program to allow me to reflash the generic Nokia software on the phone rather than Orange's limited version.

Can you please confirm that this does not unlock the phone? Is the phone still locked to Orange or is it now unlocked?

I've only got Orange SIM cards but it would be nice to know for sure.

Thanks

Nick

Old 24-05-2007, 09:55 AM

HoundDog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_s_simpson View Post
Can you please confirm that this does not unlock the phone? Is the phone still locked to Orange or is it now unlocked?
Unfortunatley, flashing with generic firmware or debranding doesn't unlock the SIM locks on the phone.