All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-02-2007, 12:36 PM

brownsnake is on a distinguished road
Wink movies how to???????????????????

hi i have a nokia n 80 not sure how to download movies on to it i have a 2mb any help cheers??????????????
Ads

Old 17-02-2007, 01:57 PM

elaverick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsnake View Post
hi i have a nokia n 80 not sure how to download movies on to it i have a 2mb any help cheers??????????????
OK, your message wasn't terribly clear but I think I get the jist of what you mean. You want to put movies on your N80 and you have a 2GB memory card to store them on.

The first thing you'll need to do is to convert your movies or video clips into a format the phone can use. If you already have the files as an an AVI (for a DIVX or similar movie) then you can use a program called Super - http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html to do this for you. It's reasonably straight forward, just select the Nokia preset from the menu, drag the file you want to convert on to the program and then click convert. If you want to convert a DVD then you'll need a copy of http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/ DVD Decrypt to do that first.

Once you have your movie in a Nokia friendly format you can copy it to the memory card either using the data cable and putting the phone in Mass storage device mode (faster than PC suite) or else by using a PC based memory card reader (if you have one). A memory card reader is by far the fastest method.