All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-03-2010, 03:10 AM

vostro is on a distinguished road
Exclamation N95 8GB wifi problem, hangs phone

Hello everyone,

I donít know if it has been discussed before but I was not able to find it. I recently switched from HTC windows phone to Nokia N95 8GB (used). I upgraded the system software to latest one.

I do not have a data plan. It connects smoothly to wifi & I am able to use nokia messaging service. The problem starts when I move out of one wifi network to another (home to office). The wifi icon shows connected even if I am well away from the wifi network & then if I try to go in wifi settings to try to disconnect manually, the wifi manager & connection manager hangs, often the whole phone hangs & eventually I have to pull off the battery. If I donít pull battery off, the phone heats up & drains the battery very very quickly.
Wifi management was much better with windows phone & worked like PC connecting to whatever (saved) wifi network available, and seamlessly switching networks.

Secondly is there a way to stop every application asking for access point & automatically connect to whatever wifi network available (like windows).

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with these issues.

Thanks.
Ads