All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 29-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Never too old for a wedding - a Day in the Life of the Nokia N82

David Gilson turns blogger in this 'Day in the Life of the Nokia N82', bought by him for camera duties and becoming his tool of choice for an all day wedding event. Read on for his impressions of this three year old device and its Xenon flash, sample photos and even a battery report - it seems that rumours of the N82's demise have been greatly exagerated...

Read on in the full article.

Old 29-07-2010, 07:45 AM

Hardeep1singh is on a distinguished road
I so agree with this. N82 is still the Gold Standard when it comes to Cameraphone photography. There is no other phone like it as the N8 is still on paper. That's one reason why I still keep my N82 around as a second phone.5800 may be my weapon of choice for browsing, email and stuff but when it comes to clicking pictures, which I do a lot, my hand goes straight to the pocket where I keep my N82. :-)

Old 29-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Joakim Eriksson

Yes, its still great!

I can chime in one the praise of the N82. I still use mine since I have yet to find a better camera phone. The N8 is of course on my list now. It's really good at taking pictures and you always have it around so you get some really nice images that would otherwise be missed. I even had it during my honeymoon to Fiji a few weeks back and that included some sky line nightshoots in hong kong. It even beat 2 dedicated cameras (3M & 10M pixels) we had with us in quite a few cases when it came to photo quality.

Old 29-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

and dont forget the N95

Never used a N82 sadly but last year we had a pristine N95 8GB sitting around which the wife and I took to various events notting Hill and a holiday to rome.

Like mentioned with a camera they are easy to charge dont scream out tourist and I have to say many of the Pictures were far better than those taken with an actual camera maybe not technically but for actual content/result!!

The Phone has been passed onto the Wifes younger Brother and the pictures it produces are still to me outstanding for those improtu shots for facebook.

Old 29-07-2010, 02:13 PM

clonmult is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Never used a N82 sadly but last year we had a pristine N95 8GB sitting around which the wife and I took to various events notting Hill and a holiday to rome.

Like mentioned with a camera they are easy to charge dont scream out tourist and I have to say many of the Pictures were far better than those taken with an actual camera maybe not technically but for actual content/result!!

The Phone has been passed onto the Wifes younger Brother and the pictures it produces are still to me outstanding for those improtu shots for facebook.
I found one shot taken with the N95 that I had printed on the back page of an A4 Blurb book - it looked absolutely fantastic. Always wanted an N82, but never seemed to be able to find one .... for a sensible price.

Hoping that the N8 will be "the one".

Old 29-07-2010, 02:20 PM

suyogmh is on a distinguished road
One more N82 fan

Add me to fan list of N82, just liked that one which was longest I had any mobile phone - 2 years !!!
@David , you should have contacted me , I sold mine , black N82 for Rs.7000(GBP 100)

Old 29-07-2010, 02:48 PM

junchao8 is on a distinguished road
Xenon is good - but often it ruins the photo with artifical output... just not natural anymore.

Beside in many wedding ceremony, flash is not allowed. It's only polite to follow the etiquette and don't use flash - in which case N82's result won't stand out from the next phone.

A wedding photographer often invest in better gears, increases the rate of keeps, thousands quid of equipments sometimes, just so they could work without flash - to get well composed shots in focus. Same reason they are paid alot for the work - wedding is huge day for any couple, which is often why they get pros, do everything possible to capture it, with every last detail for view years on.

Sure the picture is on facebook, but really - is it large print quality? its only a mobile camera afterall.

Interesting read:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/21/s...-field-review/

Last edited by junchao8; 29-07-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Old 29-07-2010, 03:48 PM

traecer is on a distinguished road
Ahead of their time

Agreed. IMHO the N82 and N95 were really ahead of their time and in some respects other phones are just now catching up. If a user can get past the fact they don't have a touchscreen, these older devices still have a lot (A LOT!) to offer at a very low price, with the added freedom of no contracts!

Old 29-07-2010, 05:43 PM

Tenkom is on a distinguished road
Will the n8 mean that I can stop reading about the n82 every time I check aas? If so I will be forever in nokias debt. Still, it was a good article. Nice job with the photos.

Old 30-07-2010, 04:34 AM
bkb1

miss the n82

this article brings back old and fond memories of my n82( its with my dad now, currently using and "inherited" 5800) had it for more than 2yrs brought it to weddings and a hongkong vacation,outings etc.. it always took great photos..to this day i still consider it the best phone nokia ever made..always reliable ..ready for a photo opp, doesnt hang and all.

Old 31-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

I agree with you all that the n82 was a stable phone with the best camera compared to the competition back in the days, still kickin' some butt despite the fact that it was a couple of years ago that the product was new on the market.
Had mine for almost 2 years.
After that I changed brand for the first time in many years, bought myself a HTC Hero.
Now that I had the phone for about a year...I JUST WAN'T BACK! Pls Nokia, let me back in the game again. :-D
I just can't other than admit that your phones have a quality to them that the competitors have a hard time to match.
Of course there is a whole bunch of good phones out there and it's an ever changing market but still with the new
N8 release ahead I've got my target locked. :-)

Greetings to you all from a finn in sweden. ;-)
Ads

Old 01-08-2010, 09:06 AM
Maralyn45

Your post really reminded me of N85 and N92 mobiles...Nokia is one of the best selling company mobiles and has given totally customer satisfaction.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:14 AM

Hih is on a distinguished road
Hmmm. Next article about N95?

Old 12-08-2010, 12:41 PM

zeromiles is on a distinguished road
You should've gotten a black one

It was only a few nights ago on the weekend that I wowed frenz with this phone I've had for 2 yrs off & on. The N86 was a worthy upgrade though and if it had as much ram as the N82 and that xenon flash, I wouldn't have sold it. The N82 remains as iconic as the N95 does IMO