All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-07-2010, 09:00 AM

starless is on a distinguished road
Unhappy E55 annoyances

Hi, I recently bought a Nokia E55 and updated the firmware to the latest release (034.001).
I like this phone, but I encountered some minor annoyances. Let's start from the worse:
  1. When (de)activating bluetooth by holding the * button (something I very recently discovered), it happens sometimes that the phone hangs. I cannot even turn it off by holding the power button, I have to remove the battery!
    This never happened with the similar switch between silent and normal mode by holding the # button.
  2. Since I played around with a few apps and Ovi Store, I started seeing connection requests from time to time. I think they repeat every 60 minutes.
    The application switcher shows nothing running. Is there another way to check for running processes, much like the Windows Task Manager or maybe a firewall?
    I'm suspecting the preinstalled World Traveler, which I updated to the latest version before this happened. I went into its options and deactivated everything I could find regarding Internet connections and all plugins, but the problem remains.
  3. You cannot remove a single log entry. You can remove entries from the specific logs (inbound calls, outbound calls, etc.), but the "complete" log doesn't allow deleting single entries, you can only delete the whole log.
  4. Volume level from the multimedia player is low! I already tried different headphones... When I'm listening to music in noisy environments such as a normal road with traffic, it's hardly enjoyable; the noise almost covers the music.
Does anyone know any solutions for these problems?
Thanks.
Ads