All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-07-2010, 10:09 AM

grantward is on a distinguished road
Post update problems: SIM memory

A few days after my update, i have a constant envelope flashing saying that my SIM memory is full. However, there are no SIM messages on my phone, so I don't know what to do.

My phone's C-memory is suddenly also full. A known bug is that the device flicks the Messages application to C-memory. I have made sure that messages is running on the E-memory

Is there an application that can clear out the C-memory, or to troubleshoot through this?

Old 07-07-2010, 01:36 PM

edie209 is on a distinguished road
I have had nothing but problems with my phone since the update constant rebooting, then won't boot just white screen, system errors, high battery usage, the sooner they bring out another update the better....me I wish I had waited

Old 07-07-2010, 04:02 PM

ironass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironass View Post
One thing I will definitely be doing on a firmware jump of this magnitude is a completely fresh install and then sit back and wait for all those who say that they did it OTA or via NSU with no problems and then start complaining about it slowing down their handsets, crashing, freezing, losing files, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slitchfield View Post
Although the N97 has User Data Preservation, meaning that you don't have to backup and restore data, we still recommend a backup (just in case) and, if you have a spare 30 minutes, a hard reset and restoring of user data anyway. Along with re-installing any applications. Yes, it's a minor hassle, but you'll get the absolute best performance out of the N97 this way and will be free of v21 system detritus.

You can backup to card inside File manager, or you can use Ovi Suite or PC Suite. Just be sure, in each case, not to restore 'Settings' - let the new OS build up its own system files and you'll have a much smoother ride..
I would suggest doing a hard reset and restore, without Settings.