All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 22-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
The fastest Symbian smartphone on the planet?

As you'll have been aware, HyperX and his team have been pumping out various Samsung i8910 HD 'alternative' firmware updates for many months now. 'HX6-Speed', released today in 'Public beta' form, effectively gives you the fastest Symbian touchscreen experience available - at least until the Nokia N8 arrives to challenge. There's a feature summary below, plus links and other comments.

Read on in the full article.

Old 23-06-2010, 01:26 AM

bchliu is on a distinguished road
So how much "faster" is it in Turbo mode?

more than 720 Mhz of the Vivaz?

Or "faster" due to the stripping of the environments?

Old 23-06-2010, 05:51 AM
Unregistered

great news

Wish something like this existed for the N97...

Old 23-06-2010, 06:35 AM
Unregistered

How could this:18 MB before and now 109 MB?Amazing but strange for customers of Symbian.
Ads

Old 23-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

1 yr passed and omnia HD still the best

Everytime i read an article on symbian 5th Edition phones at AAS, it makes me feel really proud.
Andy has make us OMNIA HD users extremely delighted by providing us these marvelous updated firmwares.
I am currently using HX-V5-MAIN Release and its awesome. It makes people around me to turn their faces and some of things just flatten them out.
As far as AAS goes I read their every article and once a week minimum they print an article on Symbian flagships, it makes eminent of owing this superb piece of art.

Hats off to Andy and AAS.

Old 23-06-2010, 12:55 PM

Micky! is on a distinguished road
Surprised to see Cooked firmwares being promoted on AAS tbh.

Old 23-06-2010, 07:39 PM

mwarner is on a distinguished road
I think the main reason that these Cooked firmwares are being promoted is because they are so much better than the official ones from Samsung. The main issue with official firmwares is the lack of free C: space due to the installation of an excessive number of unnecessary applications / widgets / media files. Cookers can make the phone vastly more usable by just removing this 'junk', but many make significant tweaks such as fixing the FPS of the camera, improving the UI speed and other notable upgrades.

Old 24-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Lomash

Delighted!

When I bought the device I was excited but let down by Samsung big time. I had many doubts about using cooked firmwares too, mainly due to the "disclaimers" which said that it can ruin the phone permanently. I must thank Samsung for pushing me off the edge into the world of cooked firmwares, its only their pathetic service and don't-care-attitude that I gave cooked firmwares a try. And, I am delighted!
Andy is not only technically genius but also knows how to keep his customers on the edge of their seats. It's a surprise how keeps the releases so frequent and of high quality. Kudos