All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 19-04-2010, 07:35 AM

morila is on a distinguished road
How I Transfer DVD Movie Videos to my S60 on Mac OS X

I was cheered when S60 made its debut. I bought one then soon. Also, I would like to put DVD movie videos on my S60 , as well as most users, I guess. There Alice in Wonderland and Avatar are my favorite choices recently.

But what frustrated me is that I can’t transfer them to my S60 or Mac Computer with several third-party software, because they are all copyright protected. I searched here and there…a lot of forums and blogs discussed about this: most actively, I used handbrake, failed. Finally, CNET News/The Cheapskate blog gave me a satisfied answer - WinX DVD Ripper for Mac and missed the giveaway offer chance that time :(. It can remove the protection tech for me (Continuously updating to support the latest copy protections are promised) and I have enjoyed a wonderful moment on my phone! “In other words, it's a great tool for making your DVDs watchable on your mobile phones, iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.”

Moreover, today I got Handbrake, which a lot of people recommended, to compare with WinX for DVD to mobile phone conversion. Just my own opinions:

1. Popular: Handbrake wins. It has been there for years.
2. Easy to use: Prefer Handbrake. I love its simple interface.
3. Transcoding speed: WinX wins.
4. Compatibility with protected DVDs: WinX.

So, you see, my phone really seek out the right host! And for yours, I am sure you know it.
Ads