All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Symbian OS News

Old 16-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Apple ask ITC to ban Nokia from selling phones in the US

Continuing the ping pong legal battle between Apple and Nokia over patents and IP, Apple have filed with the International Trade Commission asking for a US import ban on Nokia products... mirroring the complaint Nokia made to ITC about Apple. While escalating quickly, this progression of claim and counter-claim is to be expected as both companies legal departments engage in brinkmanship before negotiation.

Read on in the full article.

Old 16-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

apple

bring that unholy sheep of apple on to the altar for sacrifice. Go Nokia.

Old 17-01-2010, 12:11 AM

symbianst3ph3n is on a distinguished road
Screw Apple. "mirroring the complaint that Nokia made"
Ads

Old 17-01-2010, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

Talking Go nokia go Apple

I hope they'll both go all the way, that way a lot of ridiculous patent claims will be thrown out from either party.

Old 17-01-2010, 03:39 AM

RogerPodacter is on a distinguished road
The bottom line is that apple is using some critical nokia patents that are crucial and fundamental for cell phone technology. Nokia at most is using something as minor as kinetic scrolling or similar. Small potatos if you ask me.

Old 17-01-2010, 01:47 PM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Up To Date ?

It looks like these Apples live in the far past . Never heard of World Trade Negotiations ? Do they like to start a 17th century Trade War ?
Nokia could go ahead and have the Apples banned from the rest of the world (including the European Market) . They are too sour !

Regards jApi NL

Last edited by jApi NL; 17-01-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Old 17-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Boo de frickin hoo, like Nokia'd hurt from being cut off from the US.

Apple on the other hand...

Old 17-01-2010, 03:21 PM

stewart01 is on a distinguished road
Both Nokia and Apple throwing their toys out of their strollers!

Saying that, Apple have had somewhat of a history of not paying royalties. They've ( Apple ) just been hit by a complaint from Kodak.

Old 17-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up

The ball is now on Nokia's court. Let see what will Nokia do? This game is getting very exciting

I am wondering why Nokia did not sue RIM as well. RIM is actually more successful than Apple.

Old 17-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

what can we nokia users benefit from this exciting lawsuit?

multitouch on capacitive?
shut up the apple fans?
nokia market share rises significantlly?
or something else?

Old 17-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
what can we nokia users benefit from this exciting lawsuit?
I'd go for 'something else':

More delays and a continued lack of general strategy from Nokia as their management are distracted by legal shenanigans.

Old 17-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am wondering why Nokia did not sue RIM as well. RIM is actually more successful than Apple.
probs because RIM payed up or did some patent swapping. Apple being Apple wouldn't wanna pay up and the only patent that Apple have that would be valuable to Nokia that i can see is the Mutli-touch/interface one/s, which would make the iPhone seam ridiculous

steff2632

Old 17-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Talking Banned in the USA

Everybody join in to the tune of Bruce springsteen Born in the USA

Banned in the USA
I was
Banned in the USA

Old 18-01-2010, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

Nokia: Connecting Apple?

I agree to the fact that telephony issues that is rumored to be used by Apple by some means was a heavier copyright conflict. For some, it might look like that it is Nokia who copied more. It was the interface navigations, they say. It is the user interface.. And for majority of people, user interface is more likely to be noticed to be copied than inner telephony technologies because from the word intself "user interface", it is the just a physical attribute easily noticed by, er, user. Unless otherwise understood by blessed intelligent and techie people (including Nokia fanboys), it is indeed Apple who must plead, "Please Forgive Me."

However, America is not a big contributor to Nokia sales, I believe. The competition is getting tastier. And the connection of Nokia to Apple is still like what is between the same poles of two magnet. But, the bottomline is that, we, consumers will benefit as both of them struggle hard enough to make us satisfied.

~Marvin from Philippines

Old 18-01-2010, 04:17 AM

RollerSMB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree to the fact that telephony issues that is rumored to be used by Apple by some means was a heavier copyright conflict. For some, it might look like that it is Nokia who copied more. It was the interface navigations, they say. It is the user interface.. And for majority of people, user interface is more likely to be noticed to be copied than inner telephony technologies because from the word intself "user interface", it is the just a physical attribute easily noticed by, er, user. Unless otherwise understood by blessed intelligent and techie people (including Nokia fanboys), it is indeed Apple who must plead, "Please Forgive Me."

However, America is not a big contributor to Nokia sales, I believe. The competition is getting tastier. And the connection of Nokia to Apple is still like what is between the same poles of two magnet. But, the bottomline is that, we, consumers will benefit as both of them struggle hard enough to make us satisfied.

~Marvin from Philippines
To determine what a user finds most likely to be noticed in 'mobile phone', I suggest we give both manufacturers their way. Nokia can no longer have kinetic scrolling, and Apple can no longer have cellular network connections. Which phone do you think most people would use?