All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 13-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Angry frustrated...

i am really frustrated to be doing this...

what was Nokia thinking giving the 5800 such a small amount of memory?
Ads

Old 22-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Great!

It really works!!! Thanks!!! Now, I've got a newly updated interface on my 5800 XP along with more free memory on C disk!

Old 22-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Can't install any apps after doing this

I followed the instructions , I did it all as it was explained, and I succeded to free up space.
After that I updated to software version V 40.0.005 and everything seemed to be ok, until I tried to install some apps. It keeps showing a message:
"Unable to start operation. Installer already in use."
I tried with different applications, it's still the same. I even repeated the 'hard reset' but I still can't install any applications.
Could you help me out with this if you know what the problem is?

Old 16-01-2011, 11:14 AM

Valaravaus is on a distinguished road
Talking Access All Files without hacking your phone

Hello Everybody..Good News..!
I just tried Netquin's Mobile Guard App. It has inbuilt File Manager in it. Just set it to show all hidden and System files.Then You can access any file on your phone. Including Private , SYS folders in C Drive. Yes! Without hacking your phone Even with Latest version of Firmware.

It became possible maybe because phone's OS is treating Mguard as protected system application and allowed access to Private folder.I have Netquin's Antivirus installed also.Its good..

Old 04-02-2011, 01:13 PM

Hold the Xpress is on a distinguished road
D and Z drives?

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks for a really useful article! I installed Y-Browser (now Xplore?), and managed to free about 3mb on my C: drive. However, I still have 70mb of 'other files' in my phone memory, and not quite sure how to free more.

I also noticed while looking on Y-browser that in addition to the C: drive and E: drive (memory card) I had a D: drive (with 51.2mb capacity all free, none used) AND a Z: drive with zero capacity / usage. Does anybody know what these are for?

Want to try freeing up more space on C: without resorting to the hard reset technique, so am going to try uninstalling the one remaining app I have on C: (Opera Mobile 10.1) and try uninstalling Ovi Maps and re-installing that on the card, as someone said this is the key to freeing up C: space?

Thanks again, if anyone can help with the D: / Z: drive mystery, please let me know!