All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 08-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy

how do i delete the cache in C: using y-browser?

is it C:/cache?

or

is it C:/System/Cache??

Old 17-12-2009, 03:13 PM
mobile16.co.cc

Talking thanks

thanks very much for this trick.....

Old 10-01-2010, 01:06 PM

darwin25275 is on a distinguished road
Angry Updated nokia 5800 asking for memory card password

Team - Good day to all and happy new year, I need your fruitful help for after updating my unit to v20. it is asking for memory card password. Do anyone from here knows how to crack it. I've tried 65000 and other numbers i 've read in this forum but to no avail. pls help me as per nokia care i need to format memorycard but i have a lot of stuff , important stuffs i need to recover first prior format. Kinly give some help. A million thanks to all. also for your time reading my post. Mine is Black version.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:11 PM

Hooksym is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin25275 View Post
Team - Good day to all and happy new year, I need your fruitful help for after updating my unit to v20. it is asking for memory card password. Do anyone from here knows how to crack it. I've tried 65000 and other numbers i 've read in this forum but to no avail. pls help me as per nokia care i need to format memorycard but i have a lot of stuff , important stuffs i need to recover first prior format. Kinly give some help. A million thanks to all. also for your time reading my post. Mine is Black version.
I have no idea about a memory card password, but can you just pull the card, put it into a microSD card reader (you can get them cheap) and copy the files to your PC? I would suspect the password thing is only something the Nokia cares about.

Old 28-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Mohamed Jaoua

Smile

i can say only one thing to Steve Litchfield...your the best dude
only for that dumb KMS wich scared the shit-out-of-me!!!!
congratulation!!!and keep going!!!

Old 01-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

thankyou

this works a treat, it has given me 76mb free memory and now i can easily update my software without crashing my phone. thanks wendy

Old 21-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Question smart guard

heyy...thnx yaa....ur trick actually worked n nw i hav more than 50% of my phone memory free....

just a little problem...i installed smart guard frm nokia's website before doin all ths...i had loads of messages hidden there...whn i restored evrythng bak to my fne...n i opened d smartguard...it said "the application is not valid"

i uninstalled d app n then reinstalled it....bt it isnt workng yet...
plzzzz help me guys...i really need that app bak...it has something realy imp...plzzzz
anybody who cn help me out wd d issue...i'l b realy grateful....

Old 23-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Talking This Really Helped, Especially after update (:

My memory was completely full and was giving me the worst headache about full space. This cleared about 30mb of space and I didn't lose anything !

-Thank you so much
Nicholas (Proud USA owner of Nokia 5800XM)

Old 30-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

will I screw something up

I'm desperate to regain some space on my 5800 as it's just eaten up the memory completely, somehow - I currently only have 3.9MB free in the C:\.

I'm afraid, though, that since I purchased the phone "unlocked" it might revert to whatever it was before I got it if I complete the hard reset as described here.

Should I be concerned? Has anyone else had issues with that?

Old 21-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Nice !!!

Oh my god i love uu !! Thx for more freespace in my smartphone !! Thx !!!!

Old 28-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up ty!

I freed up 52MB with this method. Still got my apps and themes intact, no "scanning memory>couldn't find..." (i.e. some programs not working) shown up, only before I made a restore of the backup. By completing the restore, I lost only 3MB

Old 04-05-2010, 01:56 PM

ecoles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slitchfield View Post
If, like me, your Nokia 5800 has an internal disk that has seemed to shrink and shrink over the last five months, then you might be interested in another in our tutorial series, this time walking beginners through the steps of recovering space used by old temporary files and installed over-the-air updates. I managed to recover 40MB(!) on my 5800 XpressMusic, but your comments welcome here.

Read on in the full article.
I just went through the tutorial, "How to free up space on disk C on the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic." Now I am doing the Restore as directed by the tutorial. It has been almost an hour and the phone still says, "Preparing to restore." How long should it take to do the restore? What is there to do if it never passes Preparing to restore?

Still waiting.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:33 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
It should start after a minute or so. Sounds like the OS is confused. Restart the phone and try again?

Old 05-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

Talking sorted

this worked amazingly well for me. memory was completely full all 88 MB or so. sorted it out no problem. tarr mush

Old 13-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

Thanks

Thanks dear you have give the great solution. My phone 5800 was out of memory. but now i have enough free space after applying your advise

Thanks
M Zahid
Ads