All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
How to use Facebook on the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

Beginners to the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic may not know that Web on S60 phones is based on exactly the same 'Webkit' core code as Safari on the Apple iPhone. With the relative popularity of the iPhone, a lot of direct support for the system has been set up on mainstream web servers. And now that the 5800 XpressMusic has touch as well, this means that you can enjoy the full 'whizzy', interactive iPhone Facebook experience but on an S60 phone for the first time.

Read on in the full article.

Old 15-02-2009, 12:40 PM

flamingsnot is on a distinguished road
Nice one Steve, I did an article on this a while ago, but not quite so detailed on the facebook aspect, it was about iPhone sites in general, take a look:

http://thingsworthwritingabout.blogs...y-nice-on.html

Old 16-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy gallery issue

thanks for the info, anybody tried to read gallery? I can read nice photo using this mode but fail to get out of the gallery, am I doing sth wrong?

Old 16-02-2009, 04:55 PM

30dirtybirds is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately like most things iphone, it looks pretty but isn't very practical

As the previous poster mentioned, using the back button actually closes down the page, especially in the photos section.

also its very difficult to find functions, ie commenting on peoples status'

just like Nokia, the standard mobile interface may not be as pretty but is much more effective

Old 21-02-2009, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

problem...any tips...

i have the nokia 5800 and this new iphone type facebook looks great, but ive noticed one thing, when i log in, i cant seem to find anything that tells me if i have new wall posts/comments/events etc...all i can seem to access is inbox messages and requests...can someone tell me if there is a way to check new notifications on this iphone version of facebook, running on the nokia 5800?

Old 04-06-2009, 07:32 AM
Unregistered

Angry pictures

Can anyone tell me why I cant see my pisc / albumb on this phone on the Facebook site, I can see all other content, but the pics are just broken green squares?
HELP!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Unregistered

pics

Can someone help me. When I go on Facebook on my 5800, I can see everything apart from the pictures / albums. The page loads the same but where the picture should be is a green box split in half

Its frustrating because I love to look at the pics on there, but I cant...please help!
Ads

Old 11-12-2009, 03:58 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy Help

I go on facebook on my 5800, go to the bottom of the page and click touch site, then scroll down again and click full site. Now facebook is the full site with applications and everything, just like on the pc, but when i instant message someone, i cant send it! do anyone know how.
Jaymes.

Old 19-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

Chat option missing

the chat option on facebook is missing in my nokia 5800...does anyone else get this problem????????????