Unregistered

Why a low score?

Old 07-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Tzer2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why a low score?
It's been bumped up to 83% now because there's finally N-Gage compatibility, which isn't bad.

The remaining problems on the 5320 are the keypad and menu layouts, both of which leave a lot to be desired. Otherwise it's a pretty good phone for the price.

Old 19-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

error

guys i have a problem , i cant access the clock in my 5320 em it says :"system error" and the time chages automatically , i treid to hard reset and factory reset it , it didnt work , what should i do ?:S please help ..

Old 22-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

I bought this phone the other day. i like the phone alot except for one MAJOR FLAW thats driving me nuts!!!

thing is i use the voice recorder ALOT(it amazes me how none of the phone reviews sites ever review that feature) - i am a songwriter and i use voice recorders on phones alot to record an idea in a hurry before it slips away and the problem im experiencing with the 5320 is that the voice memos i record always appear in the music player! how did nokia not realize that it would be really annoying for the ones that use the VR. i dont wanna be listening to some mp3s on the go with some of my own singing and playing popping up in between. this is so stupid!!

and thats not even all; if i record with the recording quality set on "high", the files dont appear in the sound clips folder(where all the voice memos are saved) but only appear in the music player. however if i have recording quality set on "standard" the files do appear in the sound clips folder(but also in the music player), so if i wanna have the voice memos in the sound clips folder i have to use lower quality recordings!

NOKIA FIX THIS!!! i dont want my voice memos to be considered songs in the music player!!

if i dont get an answer soon or a fix from nokia im returning my phone(i have a couple of days)

thanks

Old 06-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

Nokia is opposed to Ogg

"Lack of ogg support is a problem on most phones and computers, but perhaps the root cause is that not enough people use it so manufacturers don't really pay much attention to the format."

Nokia doesn't support Ogg because they oppose free audio and video formats: they have also prevented Ogg Theora video from becoming a W3C web standard for the same reason. Presumably, they think that keeping audio and video formats proprietary protects them from smaller competitors.

Old 24-12-2008, 01:54 AM

jagga is on a distinguished road
Nokia 5320XM

I for one actually like this phone.

Last Summer 2008 I almost purchased it - but the expense was too high at the time ($340CAN - import) for something not including WLAN radio. Instead I got the Nokia E71-2 NAM which was a GREAT deal ($469CAN - import).

I've just sold my E71-2 > times are really tough at the moment (but will get a job soon). As soon as I do I'm purchasing this unit. I think its a GREAT backup to anyone with an S60 with regular headset as the music, compatibility to S60 3rd Ed FP2 apps is solid, and with 3G is decent.

I'm really hoping that Nokia grows this 5320XM up a bit though, either with WLAN or GPS. IF both then it should graduate to N-Series status. Good thing that S60 is available to feature focused phones.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

The 8GB microsd

What about its ability to run the 8GB micro sd efficiently without slowing down, does it slow down or no?

Old 09-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

This is an awesome phone for it's price!!
The weird keypad layout- i got used to...
my only problem is the battery life! Can't use this phone for 2 full days!
Maybe it's just my phone :(

Old 16-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

battery

Phone is great but the battery is little weaker compared to 5310.

Old 20-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Memory card slot

Its quite strange that reviewer couldnt find how to take out memory card without taking off back cover. Its very easy to do it. there is no need to remove back cover to takeout the memory card..

Old 07-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Unregistered

Smile Hang up when using HQ recording in 5320

Hi,

My 5320 will hang up when recording in HQ for over 30 minutes.

I am already using the latest firmware.

Besides, the S60 is not as good as the S40 in some ways such as the calendar I cannot set a reminder to remind me on every Tue and Wed. Beside, the fonts are smaller than S40.

Anybody agreed with me?

5320 New User

Old 07-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
i bought this phone the other day. I like the phone alot except for one major flaw thats driving me nuts!!!

Thing is i use the voice recorder alot(it amazes me how none of the phone reviews sites ever review that feature) - i am a songwriter and i use voice recorders on phones alot to record an idea in a hurry before it slips away and the problem im experiencing with the 5320 is that the voice memos i record always appear in the music player! How did nokia not realize that it would be really annoying for the ones that use the vr. I dont wanna be listening to some mp3s on the go with some of my own singing and playing popping up in between. This is so stupid!!

And thats not even all; if i record with the recording quality set on "high", the files dont appear in the sound clips folder(where all the voice memos are saved) but only appear in the music player. However if i have recording quality set on "standard" the files do appear in the sound clips folder(but also in the music player), so if i wanna have the voice memos in the sound clips folder i have to use lower quality recordings!

Nokia fix this!!! I dont want my voice memos to be considered songs in the music player!!

If i dont get an answer soon or a fix from nokia im returning my phone(i have a couple of days)

thanks

totally agreed with you. I found that too.

Try record using high quality for a long clip, say, 20 to 30 or over minutes, the phone will hang up.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:26 AM
Unregistered

Cool Sweet!!!

Well I must say that this phone actually suits my style and provides, convenience especially when I'm on the go...

The only problem I am encountering is when taking pictures at night, the color adjustments are poor if taking pictures little far of distance unlike my old phone 3120classic it's reeeaaalllyyyy good when taking pictures at night.

Thats all

:-)
Ads

Old 16-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Taochok

Music time

24hs of music?

not even close... in a day with 2 hours of music, I must recharge the phone in less than 12 hours.

but it is an excellent phone.

Old 29-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Ravip

Question Cell Info Display

How could you view the date and cell info display simultaneously on the Nokia 5320 XpressMusic
? Both appear on the same place and the date covers the cid.