All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-01-2008, 07:33 PM

Willeh is on a distinguished road
Vodafone UK N95 8GB Unlock experiences?

Hello all,
I'm phoning Vodafone up tomorrow to request for an unlock code. As I'm feeling a bit hesitant, I made this thread for people who have already unlocked their N95 8GB phone with Vodafone UK. With all due respect to people with other phone models, but I feel that unlocking experiences directly relating to an N95 8GB phone is more accurate than an unlocking experience with an older phone model as Vodafone probably has unlock codes all ready and saved in the database for phones which are older.
When posting, try and include:
- How long you waited until the code arrived
- How much you paid? Did they offer you the code for a lower price after you haggled with them? Or after you gave them a reason? (Share the reason you gave if you wish! :P)

Thanks.

Last edited by Willeh; 28-01-2008 at 07:41 PM.

Old 28-01-2008, 08:16 PM

kushn958gb is on a distinguished road
hey dude i have unlocked mine for £20 i waited for about 4 hours time for the code now i go n95 8gb unlocked and i updated to version 15 so i got no vodafone things on my fone

and my fone is alot faster than usual so i would say if u want a faster fone then update it to version 15.

and if u need the unlocking code for ur n95's then pm me ur IMEI number of the fone and send me the payment of £20 in uk pounds
$40 in US dollars.
but wen u send the payment or the IMEI make sure u sent it to me on the day time after 10am in uk time please or before 6pm please. if u want safe way to make the payment then use the paypal which is lot easier.

so if u need it then approach me thanks

Old 28-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
Id advise for not giving money and IMEI to random people when all they would do is exactly the same thing you would be - contacting vodafone.

The price will not differ, as its a set cost. If you can convince them you have had the phone for 12 months, then its free. However, given you have a N95 8GB, I doubt you will manage that.

Old 28-01-2008, 09:01 PM

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't prepared to give him my details anyway but thank you for the warning, keep the experiences coming!

Old 28-01-2008, 09:02 PM

munkiii is on a distinguished road
Quote:
if u need the unlocking code for ur n95's then pm me ur IMEI number of the fone and send me the payment of 20 in uk pounds
Or (s)he should just pay their network 20 instead and be 100% sure to recieve the unlock code.

Old 28-01-2008, 09:18 PM

fine then dont trust me well u can come to my shop if u want

it is in a town called Burton On trent

Last edited by kushn958gb; 28-01-2008 at 09:21 PM.

Old 28-01-2008, 09:21 PM

if u r interested let me know then i will give u the shop address

Old 28-01-2008, 09:37 PM

Dogmann is on a distinguished road
H all,

Unlocked my N95 8GB direct with VodaFone paid 20 added to my next bill and received the code via E-Mail before i even finished talking to the rep on the phone as they alreday had the code on their system.

Marc

Old 28-01-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmann View Post
H all,

Unlocked my N95 8GB direct with VodaFone paid 20 added to my next bill and received the code via E-Mail before i even finished talking to the rep on the phone as they alreday had the code on their system.

Marc
well then i will do it for 15 if u vodafone is doing for 20

Old 28-01-2008, 09:48 PM

mikester585 is on a distinguished road
Web Link hi im happy to help becuase i done mine 2 days ago

hi so
the vodafone unlock process is simple as

really i would recommend ringing them up on your home land line and then do it that way ,

I've heard it cost 20 unless you have had the sim card for a whole year
and i have had my simcard for a whole year so i got it free
basically they just ask number , security questions stuff like that
thoe when she is telling you how to unlock make sure you ask if she can send it through email

Thoe my n95 is working perfect still thoe once you unlock the actually live theme gets removed as it did with me ,
so you just use web application now.

thoe it all working

Old 28-01-2008, 09:51 PM

rottie is on a distinguished road
Just find a mate who's on Vodafone for a while, tell them to call customer service claiming THEY bought the second hand handset and after a bit of complaining and calling supervisor you should have your phone unlocked for a price of a pint for your mate

Old 28-01-2008, 10:16 PM

Haha rottie that is actually an excellent tip but funny. I'll need to find a mate who's willing to do that though!
Keep the tips and experiences coming, I hope they do have my code already saved on their database tomorrow as I want my unlock code ASAP, but so does everyone.
And kushn958gb please stop advertising your business here, I am not interested. With all due respect, you're business is probably wonderful but I'd rather call up a company I trust and pay them 5 more if it means I'm 99% guaranteed a working code and a refund if it doesn't go so well than a private company? which I most likely have not heard of before.

Old 29-01-2008, 02:49 PM

Hopefullyuseful is on a distinguished road
Hi,

For the benefit of everybody here, unlocking is something that we can do for you at Vodafone, even if you haven't had the phone for the full length of your contract yet.

We can unlock your phone for free once you've had it with us for 12 months or more. Before that we would charge £20.00 for the official unlocking code that's specific to your phone.

Sometimes, using external unlocking procedures and software could possibly damage your phone and its software. We appreciate that this is your own choice. If the phone is under Vodafone warranty and unlocking affects your phone in any way, the warranty would be invalidated.

All we need is your phones make and model and the IMEI number of the phone which is 15 digits long and starts with 35. You can get it on a sticker in the battery compartment or by pressing *#06# on the phone.

You need to have a valid Vodafone mobile number too so that we can log the code on your account and check how long you've had the phone with us for in case we need to charge for the code.

For pay as you talk, where the phone is less than 12 months old, your number needs to have at least £20.00 credit on it. This will allow us to debit the £20.00 charge.

Usually we can provide the code and full unlocking procedure within 3 to 5 working days of you asking us for it.

Old 29-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

kontraband is on a distinguished road
Do vodafone employees gather round this forum now or what??

Old 29-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
Vodafone have a few people (Ive no idea how many, but more than one I think) looking around forums and usually answer a vodafone related question.

Im thinking maybe they could send a mod a list of valid usernames, as theres more than one and it would be good to be sure who actually is a vodafone employee. Last thing we want is someone pretending they are and giving out incorrect advice.
Ads