All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-05-2007, 12:39 PM

waffabix is on a distinguished road
The Link

hi i've just(sat night) ordered my n95 from the link

anyone know how long roughly from experiance phones take to come from the link, also is it really easy to port my number to my new phone i have the pac code from 02 what do i need to do.

are the maps for the gps intalled already on the n95 or do i need to download them if i need to download them do i use my pc and transfer or can i do it via my wifi at home and download them straight to n95.

regards

Old 14-05-2007, 02:19 PM

neilhoskins is on a distinguished road
Mine turned up from The Link in just a few days; very painless. I'm not sure what you're asking about porting your number: you move a number using a PAC code between operators' sim cards, not handsets. I bought mine sim-free so I just popped my existing sim card into the new handset.

Maps aren't pre-loaded; you have to fit a memory card, then go to the appropriate section of the Nokia website and download PC suite and the map loader to your PC (these may already be on the CD, I didn't look). This is a bit hairy and incredibly slow, and took me a few attempts.