All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > S60 (Series 60) > Older Phones and Archived Forums > Sendo X & X2

Old 14-10-2005, 01:32 PM

Nikyzf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fig7
I would too, otherwise I have to add mp2 support to the list of things that people want us to add to OggPlay.
While you're at it, can you add MP3 support as well?

Old 15-10-2005, 06:23 AM

Senapone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikyzf
While you're at it, can you add MP3 support as well?
It will be wonderful!

Old 25-10-2005, 05:16 PM

rjamesd is on a distinguished road
Phone dropped no reception - need to fix first b4 mp2

I haven't forgot about doing this.

Sadly, I dropped my Sendo X and get no reception - see my other thread.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=41235
"Dropped, now no reception. How to fix?"

It will still switch on, and I suppose I could still develop the MP2 player for it. But I think I would rather sooner get the reception fixed before I start writing the player. Priorities. Hurts me to not be able to use it as a phone. Also, if I leave it too late then repairs may not be available.

Mind you, the Nokia 3250 looks good - it uses a microSD - so would have to get a microSD to SD adapter to go in TheBug radio. Pure Digital, TheBug makers, say that microSD will work with an adapter.

Alternatively there's the T-Mobile MDA which is a bit bigger (but no bigger than an iPod) that takes a full size SD card and has Windows Mobile and therefore Media Player.

www.t-mobile.co.uk/webnwalk/

Would have thought that Media Player for mobile already has MP2 support built in given that the desktop version does but this may not be the case as it's a different program after all.

But if did play MP2 then I would be tempted but I wouldn't have the fun of writing one myself and enhancing my CV, sense of achievement, but less time down the gym while doing it.

Trouble with the MDA is that it's tied and branded to T-Mobile. Would be nice to have a generic branded one that I could use on my favourite network and also 3G. On GPRS, the MDA is not too fast at downloading pages but I think that might be something to do with how good their servers are. It's also an 18 month contract, however 40Mb is bundled free each month + any network calls. T-Mobile have often been innovative and existing with pricing plans but they need to go further and offer shorter contracts and 3G access for it to really take off. The fixed line broadband market is enjoying high speed capacity and lots of choices of pricing plans - would love to see the same happen for mobile. Well appointed gadget is the MDA though, with SDIO option for WiFi and bluetooth built in.

Old 26-10-2005, 09:10 AM

elp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjamesd
Trouble with the MDA is that it's tied and branded to T-Mobile. Would be nice to have a generic branded one that I could use on my favourite network and also 3G.
The MDA range (also available on Orange and O2 i think under other names) are manufactured by HTC in asia and available SIM free from i-mate. You can buy them from http://www.expansys.com. In general, expansys is an excellent place to get any SIM free phone including the latest smartphones. They have just redesigned their web site though and the new version is terribly bad, making browsing through all their phones and finding a particualr phone almost impossible (unless i've missed some settings hidden somewhere on the web site). What you are after is the i-mate JAM here: http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=I-MATE_JAM

There will probably be new models with 3G released soon.

On the symbian front, the new SE P990 (3G and wifi) or the new Nokia E-series look rather nice too.

Old 26-05-2006, 12:05 PM

Made it back!

I'll be writing this software for the Nokia N80, now that it has mini-SD - I can adapt a mini SD to work in my TheBug radio with an adapter - TheBug makers say this is possible and it works.

Old 16-10-2006, 10:09 AM

badgerboy is on a distinguished road
i've just got a a new evoke 3 which can record onto SD card, got a micro SD and adapter hoping to listen to shows i recorded on a samsung d900. doesn't look like this will be possible though. Any ideas on what to do? no chance of me programming something for it and don't want to have to convert each file before i play it. also are there any sd card players that will play mp2? thanks

Old 15-11-2007, 12:31 AM

You can now buy cheaply software to do this

This software will do it

http://coreplayer.com/

Works perfectly on my Nokia N95 and Nokia 5500

Also available for the Sendo X - I've not tested it on mine though - it would mean another license which isnt worth it.
Ads