All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-05-2013, 12:39 PM

Cintra is on a distinguished road
Exchange ActiveSync on new 808

Having problem after adding gmail mailbox on 808 and fast going mad..

First I should say that I'm doing this on home wi-fi, no SIM card yet.

After setting Exchange ActiveSync up with my email acct, adding my gmail password, selecting what to sync and when, anything I try to do just keeps asking for my gmail password, again and again. Grrr!

By the way, I saw no certifiate warning as shown on recent page about Exchange ActiveSync by Steve L.

Any ideas what I can do other than deleting the mailbox and trying again, as that just does the same thing.

Is there some deeper cleanup that can be done before retrying, some cache to clear?

Edit: All solved!
Decided to use the microSIM from my GS2 and everything Nokia sprang to life
Exchange ActiveSync worked first time.
Only snag is that Contacts on my phone, which I worked so hard to Export from my GNex via Dropbox to Nokia Suite, now contains a LOT of duplicates.
Hopefully NS will clear up the duplicates when I next connect to the PC.

Btw, if ever you want to backup your Android Contacts, I think you will be happy with Contacts Backup Pro.

Last edited by Cintra; 05-05-2013 at 10:55 AM. Reason: New info
Ads

Old 05-05-2013, 09:34 PM

mazor is on a distinguished road
good to see you self solved your problem. Be aware though for those using free Gmail, that the exchange sync will no longer work as Google as turned it off due to Google having to pay a Microsoft licence fee with every new Active sync connection. I believe if, you are a paying google customer, this is not the case, and Active sync will still be available to you.

For those wanting to know how to sync their contacts, calendars, and mail with free Google now is by either buying a android based phone, or use caldav and cardav which works well on iphones. Sadly there is no Symbian solution I know of except purchasing google services and hence re enabling Active sync.