All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 01-05-2009, 06:40 AM
Unregistered

hey i have a serious problem with my nokia 5320!! iys becoming the more & more annoying. its only approximately a month old. at night i usually switch my phone off. i have set the alarm to wake me up on workdays mon - friday. but the phone seems to choose himself the days that the alarm rings!!! for example it chooses not to ring during workdys and then wakes me up on a sat or sun!!!! also when i switch my mobile on i find the date on the calendar has skipped 4 or 5 days.!!!!! what is this problem pls. its killing me!!!! HELP!!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

the memory card slot cover is a brilliant design

Your review about the memory card slot door is incorrect. It is designed to be easily opened without having to remove the back cover first. You can easily open it if you slide your thumbnail into the left side of the memory card slot door, assuming you are holding the phone upright. The design makes it smooth and flat on the edge of the phone and at the same time bringing convenience to the user.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Lorenz-Germany

alarm going off on days it shouldn't - changing date

Hey "Unregistered Guest"!

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem: having several weekly alarms programmed and switching the phone off for the night, the phone often changes the date (five days in advance) and starts ringing at times it shouldn't. Usually it rings once again half an hour after having executed the correct ring-time - then displaying false date and false ring-time for some other day...

I sent my phone to Nokia and got it back yesterday. I sincerely hope the problem won't show again - I'll see it during the next days... I'll keep you up to date on this forum to tell you whether Nokia has repaired it or whether it's a firmware-problem that they aren't aware of yet and that they haven't fixed.
Anyway it's difficult to make them understand and reproduce the problem as it doesn't happen every day and apparently only if you switch off your phone for the night.

Regards,

Lorenz

Old 12-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Lorenz-Germany

alarm problem on Nokia 5320: still not working after "repair"-apparently firmware-bug

Hello!

Just an update: As I mentioned above, I had gotten my Nokia 5320 back from repair on Friday. Now I'm experiencing the same problems all over again. Apparently, Nokia hasn't changed anything to the phone at all. This seems to be a firmware-error to me. Other S60-phones seem to have similar problems for example with the snooze-function not working or the date changing after having switched off their phones for the night while having several alarms programmed.
Just see here for a similar problem on a Nokia E63:
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ssage.id=48804

I'll create an entry about the 5320-alarm-bug on Nokias forum and post the link to it on this forum. I don't think it makes much sense to send my phone in for repair once again. When sending it in, I just once again wouldn't be able to use it for several weeks without getting it back working...

Regards,

Lorenz
Ads

Old 13-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Lorenz-Germany

See here for a description and discussion of the false date and alarm issues of Nokia 5320 XpressMusic:

http://discussions.nokia.ie/discussi...read.id=148134

Regards,
Lorenz

Old 15-07-2009, 06:27 AM

brucemendes is on a distinguished road
XpressMusic is back on Symbian turf. Last time we checked the musical talent was playing second fiddle to smartphone skill but maybe it's time for the tables to turn. Nokia have ditched the swivel and are playing it rather low key on the 5320 exterior. Fair enough, less express in XpressMusic but no complaints elsewhere: FP2, HSDPA. Well geared up in terms of connectivity and running on the latest Symbian, Nokia 5320 will hardly count solely on the XpressMusic branding. What it can sure count on is our careful scrutiny. Let's play.

Old 23-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravip View Post
How could you view the date and cell info display simultaneously on the Nokia 5320 XpressMusic
? Both appear on the same place and the date covers the cid.
I want to display the cell info always. actually the date is overlapping on it. pls help me.....

Old 04-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Ram Support

Does 5320 support 8GB ram?
Doesn't it hang?
pls help me.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

Angry Do not buy this phone

Maybe it is the one i got but everytime i attempt the use the music player the phone freezes and i have to restart the phone for it to work......i once had brand loyality to nokia but not anymore

Old 06-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Gay-Bangladesh

Question Is There Any Flash Player/Shockwave Player For Nokia 5320 Xpress Music?

Is There Any Flash Player/Shockwave Player For Nokia 5320 Xpress Music?

Nokia N95 Has Flash Player From Adobe/Macromedia. But Nokia 5320 Xpress Music Doesn't Have Flash or Shockwave Player. Though It Has Real Player Which Is Not Bad But Some Media Files & Formats Are Not Supported By Real Player. Some Files, Formats & Websites Require Flash Player. Though Adobe Has Flas Lite For Nokia 5320. But It Is Not Very Good As Like Flash Player Full Verson. Whats Wrong With My Nokia 5320 Xpress Music and Flash Player?

Old 07-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

Exclamation camera

how to slow the sound of camera its soo lauder

Old 06-12-2009, 05:58 AM
Unregistered

Smile Font

Just wondering if any one out there knows if there is a programme to increase the size of the font over and above the large already offered.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:43 PM
RoshanB

I have read the entire post and have found two wrong things mentioned and hence want to inform all of you about the same.

1st - You can remove the memory card without removing the cover of the battery
2nd - Even if you record using the high quality sound it saves in the Sounds folder, i think the user needs to check where he/she is storing the Voice Recording, is it in a phone memory or memory card?

Old 24-06-2010, 03:03 PM

mjkalicharan is on a distinguished road
I need details of dual sim holder for 5320 XM

Thanks in advance

Old 22-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Nokia 5320 xpress music

hello readers,
i'm nokia 5320 xpress music user..
i'm very satisfied with this phone applications..it is very friendly user..
so easy..and the price also very cheap if we compared with other gadgets which offer same applications like this.
there is no doubt to say, this phone make me feel very comfortable..it keypad also easy to press and there is no problems at all..i give 10/10 for this phone..
but i'm very sad because, virus was attacked my phone and i dont know how to that..

regard,
virussushi