All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Links of Interest

Old 23-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by manual_ View Post
I don't know what you specifically mean by WSOD problem but white screen or "wipeout" as I name it still occurs when you push N97 mini too hard. And by pushing I dont mean anything extreme: a few (2-3) apps running in the background, facebook widget on the homescreen. I've had to pull out the battery many times to make the phone work again.
Now that I've stopped using homescreen widgets and try to avoid multitasking at all phone became more reliable. Which unfortunately doesn't mean that it doesn't make you wait. It still freezes often.
Thank you..WSOD was the term I found all over the net. I believe it's the same problem and I also believe its a common problem for all s60v5 (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm capable enough to make it work for me but with a lot of compromises that defeat the original purpose of the device, and I dont see why I need to do that. That's the deal breaker for me then. Will have a look at other platform. Still looking forward to n8 and S^4 though . I have faith that they'll do it right.

Old 24-07-2010, 05:16 AM

Tenkom is on a distinguished road
It's like reading a review from 2007.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

typing this from my wifes n97 mini its an ok phone great keyboard. Spb shell is a must. Could do with more ram and better predictive text.
Ads