All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 05-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Music is the emotional connection to your smartphone

What has had the biggest effect on my smartphone usage? With all the applications out there, be they built in to the firmware, part of the manufacturer's additional software and services, or even the legion of third party apps, which is the one that makes the smartphone my smartphone? The music player. Read on...

Read on in the full article.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

I've never been a fan of digital music piped directly into the ears. For one thing you block hte rest of the world out and for me there is much to be enjoyed about what's going on around you.

Secondly, Music straight to the ear doesn't do it for me. I like to feel it as well as hear it. Bass notes in the ribcage etc. The car is a great place to wack the volume up.

Consequently the music files in my phone have never been played. No emotional connection there, in fact thinking about it, it's just a phone. No emotional connections with electronic gadgets.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

kontraband is on a distinguished road
its only until I got the X6 CWM that I actually fell in love with 'smartphone music'.

Before it was always the iPod but with more choice and interface with audio equipment I can plug the phone in via aux to the car, the amp and loads more other output places its perfect. Roll on the improvements.
Ads

Old 05-05-2010, 10:29 PM

Hurlley is on a distinguished road
Unregistered I love my Stereo but I love listening to music on the go too. Theres not much else to listen to on a train!

Anyway im attached to my iPod so thats why I can never make my phone my sole device. iTunes is just great! it has my entire library perfectly organised and easily synchronised, with pocasts feeding to my iPod, my computer is on at somepoint during the day and my iPod is docked next to my bed so I can listen to AAS as it bores me to sleep. (just kidding!)

I do however syncronise iTunes to my phone using salling mediasync. although it takes a bit of time so I dont do it as often, so when I do want that quick listen I do use my N86 instead, although using the N86 in sunlight is like fumbling with your keys at night.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:12 PM

j d is on a distinguished road
I totally agree with Ewan here, music is the "killer app", it's what keeps me using the n97.

32 gig, paired with 16gig mmc and you have the only smartphone around with enough storage for my entire collection. And i love the fm transmitter too. But the actual music app is so slow, and clunky, it just drives me mad! Can't wait for symbian 3

Old 05-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

so true. I still cling on to my n95 8gb (that i love very much) and would not ever want to change (except the n8 is tempting...) but the one thing that i hate is the fixed 8gb...having to choose what music i can carry with me is painful :(

Old 11-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Unregistered

Nothing beats an iPod with a click wheel.