All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-06-2009, 04:59 PM

Wishmaker is on a distinguished road
A new purchase, advice needed

Dear AAS,

I curently own a Nokia E70. It has served me well since it hit the shelves and I will not give it up for nothing in the world. I think I am the only one worshipping this phone . Unfortunately, lately the phone has started to behave in a peculiar manner: it won't dial numbers sometimes . I have to switch it off and then back on for it to dial. I've tried everything, hard reset, soft reset, reflash, uninstall every app, etc, etc. I cannot seem to find a solution. The phone is out of warranty because as I mentioned I've had it since it hit the shelves. I took it to a service center and when I explained the problem they wanted to charge 30 euros to flash it. I sad no thanks. Anywho, enough with the boring chit chat ...

I want to purchase a new E-Series. I was thinking the E75 would fill in my E70's footsteps but .... shock , Nokia announced the E72 and I am confused. Do I go out and buy the E75 or wait for the E72? How should I choose between them?

Your advice is always welcome AAS,

Cheers,

Wish ...

Old 16-06-2009, 05:24 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
If you need it now, the E75 isn't a bad choice. I like mine (it replaced my day-to-day use N95 8GB about a month ago).

Old 23-06-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N/A View Post
If you need it now, the E75 isn't a bad choice. I like mine (it replaced my day-to-day use N95 8GB about a month ago).

Cheers for the reply. Sorry for answering so late but life has been pretty hectic. I think I will wait before I purchase. I am not inclined to buy a phone every 3 months so I always buy for the long haul. I need to make a good decision . Thanks, will get back to you.

Speaking of your E75, what are the pros and cons for you so far?
Ads

Old 10-07-2009, 10:07 AM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile E90

Buy the E90 , or E71 . Stable , matured devices . Good price nowadays . Maybe a few shortcomings , but no bugs to be solved ....

Regards jApi NL

Old 23-07-2009, 10:09 AM

jdushe is on a distinguished road
I am waiting for the E72 to replace my N95, optical pad looks great.

Old 28-07-2009, 08:36 AM

I am such an idiot . I was heading towards the door to go to work this morning. Picked up my phone, started going down the stairs and when I wanted to put in my suit coat pocket I missed and it fell on the tiles, stairs and descended on its own to the ground floor . It looks like someone played football with it. Scratches everywhere and the phone switched off. Turned it back on and funny enough it seems to work the way it should. It looks horrible and now I am forced to purchase a new phone asap.

What is the best E-Series at the moment, excluding the E90? The e90 is 700 euros same price like when it came out. The e71 is ... rather old... I want something new .... shame the E72 is not out yet. How long do I have to wait for the E72?

Should I buy the E75??? I want something as reliable as my E70.

Old 22-10-2009, 10:36 AM

davidgilson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaker View Post
I am such an idiot . I was heading towards the door to go to work this morning. Picked up my phone, started going down the stairs and when I wanted to put in my suit coat pocket I missed and it fell on the tiles, stairs and descended on its own to the ground floor . It looks like someone played football with it. Scratches everywhere and the phone switched off. Turned it back on and funny enough it seems to work the way it should. It looks horrible and now I am forced to purchase a new phone asap.

What is the best E-Series at the moment, excluding the E90? The e90 is 700 euros same price like when it came out. The e71 is ... rather old... I want something new .... shame the E72 is not out yet. How long do I have to wait for the E72?

Should I buy the E75??? I want something as reliable as my E70.
A while ago, I was looking at upgrading from my E51, and I had the choice of the E71, the E55 or the E75.

Here's how I made my decision.
E55 vs E71: Same battery, E55 had larger screen, feature pack 2 (ota firmware updates) and a digital compass, E71 has tiny keys.

E71 vs E75: E71 has larger battery and no moving parts, E71 has tiny keys.

E75 vs E55: E55 has larger battery and no moving parts.

So I chose the E55.

Old 26-10-2009, 09:44 PM

Captain Jon is on a distinguished road
The E75 has a similar keyboard to the E70, so it may be well worth checking it out. The E72 isn't even out and will surely be released with plenty of bugs (unfortunately this is how Nokia works these days). At least with the E75 hopefully any hardware kinks would have been found and sorted by now.

I wouldn't have recommended it a couple of months ago due to the price, but the price has dropped substantially since then. 250 is pretty good value right now, but at that price also check out the E71 first.

Old 28-10-2009, 06:11 AM

cricfancy is on a distinguished road
If you can wait till few more months, you can get NOkia e72 also

Old 03-11-2009, 09:42 PM

moonshot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgilson View Post
A while ago, I was looking at upgrading from my E51, and I had the choice of the E71, the E55 or the E75.

Here's how I made my decision.
E55 vs E71: Same battery, E55 had larger screen, feature pack 2 (ota firmware updates) and a digital compass, E71 has tiny keys.

E71 vs E75: E71 has larger battery and no moving parts, E71 has tiny keys.

E75 vs E55: E55 has larger battery and no moving parts.

So I chose the E55.
Can I ask, how are you getting on with the E55 and would you recommend the half qwerty keypad?

What is it like as a music phone and how does the business and private screens differ?

One more question, can the e series home screen be updated to include the on screeen contacts like the 5800?