All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-09-2008, 05:20 PM

sambratt is on a distinguished road
w960i text message issues

Hey,

I am having major issues with text messaging using my Orange w960i.

Often when i send text messages to anyone i know:
They receive them delayed,
They receive them with the date wrong i.e. 31st July when i sent it 31st August,
They receive them with *some text missing*,
They receive them merged with another text i.e. I have sent them a text today and they receive the first half of that text and then it continues with the last half of another text i send ages ago (like weeks ago)

Also, when i receive some texts:
The texts are often delayed,
I sometimes have to turn the phone off and on for about 5 messages to come through at once,
Some text messages i get are ok until i get halfway and then some of the words seem to have been replaced with characters such as: @@@##"%%&**

I have rang Orange more times than i can remember over the course of months, i have had numerous "sim updates" that never resolve the issue, i have updated my software online. Plus the only thing Orange have told me to do is to write all my texts using the handwriting pen or to turn my phone to 2g and use it like that. Also i wait for a technical support call that i either never get or they just ask me to do rediculous things that dont allow me to use the phone for what it can do, they basically turn the w960i into a basic phone.

Is there anyone that has experienced this?
Can anyone suggest anything i can do to resolve this?

Thanks, Sam.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

stuclark is on a distinguished road
Sorry, have never seen any problems like this with the W960. It sounds more like a network / operator issue.

Have you updated your phone to the latest available firmware, just to discount that?

Old 11-09-2008, 02:14 PM

sambratt is on a distinguished road
Yea, they keep sending me sim upates and text updates and then forward me to technical support - which the last 2 times they have done so, i have yet to hear from them.

I have updated everything i think but its just getting so frustrating continually resetting my handset, deleting my messages etc when they ask because i lose all my music and pictures etc that i have on my phone.

I dont really want to book it in for repair because they have said to me all they will do is flash the memory and make sure the software is up to date, and ultimately if they cant repair it they will replace it with a refurbished model.

I only know of me having this issue - i do send massive texts about 6-9 messages long, but i dont think this should be an issue.

Thanks.
Ads