All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 25-10-2006, 08:48 AM

aurium_uk is on a distinguished road
MiniSD password recovery anyone??

Hey guys, first post on this site. I've been searchin the net for a solution to my dilema.

I was goin checkin out how much space i had left on my card when i noticed the option to 'lock' my memory card. Decided to do this, typed in a password, twice, et voila, my card is now locked from pryin eyes. When i tried to unlock my card to listen to some mp3's, i found out that it was locked to me too! Just says 'password invalid' etc. Fummin now! I can't see how i could of typed a password wrong TWICE!

I rang a Nokia service centre to see if there were any known issues about this, i was informed that i must of typed it wrong and that the memory card is now (in other words) a very useless paperweight. I did ask if he knew of any software on the web and was told there are some but he has so far been unsuccessfull.

So here i am, after searchin these forums i've found FExplorer and SeleQ.

Downloaded seleQ for 3250 an FExplorer 1.5 & 1.6b. I tried to install these through Nokia PC suite (6.80.22) with Nokia Application installer (V3.0) but once it is sent to the phone (via USB lead CA-53) it says 'installation of ????.sis not supported'.

Q. Does anyone know how i can view my password? I have a sandisk 2GB miniSD, i have had the phone since june and the card not long after that and no problems apart from the memory card goin 'stealth' now and again.

V3.0614.0.3
11-04-06
RM-92
Nokia N80 (31.02)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have many pics an mp3's not backed up

Old 25-10-2006, 08:57 PM

icemanjimbo04 is on a distinguished road
I doubt you could recover or view your password.
Chances are you just keyed in a wrong digit when setting it up..

Id say your ony option would be to format the card either on your phone or through the USB cable on a computer..

But you will loose all data on the card.

Old 26-10-2006, 06:47 AM

ratza is on a distinguished road
You cannot format it whithout knowing the password. In the S60 v2 a file called mmcstore was created in C:\System, but I don't know if it is the same on S60 v3. Neither FExplorer, nor SeleQ works on N80 because they were created for v2 and there is no compatibility between v2 and v3. You can try Y-Browser for searching in system: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/softw...rd_Edition.php

Old 26-10-2006, 11:37 AM

Cheers for the replies guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanjimbo04
Id say your ony option would be to format the card either on your phone or through the USB cable on a computer..

But you will loose all data on the card.
TBH iceman, i'd rather buy another card in the hope that there will be some new software further down the line.
You're probably right bout me typin the password wrong, but it's still hard to imagine that I did it twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratza
In the S60 v2 a file called mmcstore was created in C:\System, but I don't know if it is the same on S60 v3.

You can try Y-Browser for searching in system
Yeah I was readin about that on this site, I was hoping someone might know the equivalent on the N80.
Y-Browser works well, but I don't know what i'm lookin for TBH. I've opened up a few .ini files but no joy.
There's nothing obvious as to where it it would be. Lots of .bin .dat .rsc files to name a few.

With no memory card, you get 3 directories;
C:
D: (no data)
Z:

With my original 128MB miniSD you also get E: as A directory but my locked 2GB doesn't show.

Has anyone else stumbled across the file i'm lookin for? Or what type it may be?

Many thanks again in advance.

Old 15-11-2006, 09:56 AM

Arrow

Hey there, sorry to bring this up again but i've still had no joy retrieving my pics etc.

I was wondering if there is any software you can get for pc which will bypass the pasword and let me access my card. Currently it just takes ages for it to say there is no disc inserted etc so i know it can tell something is there.

Thought there may be something like AnyDVD which gets past the region coding on a DVD.

Anyone else had this issue yet? Bet i'm the only dope so far!

Old 31-07-2007, 10:03 AM

mld_n73 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

I have this problem. Im using a Nokia n73 S60 3rd. I tried searching for the the file using different explorers, it doesnt exist. That option only works with S60 1st & 2nd.

I have searched for weeks and have not found anything yet.

I was wondering if you could put the card in a card reader on the PC and use a brute force password cracker. Does it ask for a password when u put your miniSD in a card reader? Could this be possible?

Any help will be appreciated, im at the point where i want to stamp on my phone till it is flat enough to put thru a shredder !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

anything, anybody, please.....

thanx

<MLD>