All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-12-2010, 12:13 PM

Hoisin is on a distinguished road
Why can I only watch Youtube videos in 320 x 240 on my Nokia N8?

Are there some settings somewhere that I need to change to be able to watch better quality Youtube videos on my N8? I've tried both the desktop and the mobile version of Youtube and it only plays videos in 320 x 240. And that is pretty bad.

Any chance of a Youtube app being developed for Symbian 3?

Old 03-12-2010, 01:18 AM

germcevoy is on a distinguished road
Seems to be a Symbian limitation. Poor youtube streaming quality has plagued me since the E71 was release. No different now on the N8. Poor. Quality is stunning on my cheapo Orange San Francisco :{

Old 03-12-2010, 10:56 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by germcevoy View Post
Seems to be a Symbian limitation. Poor youtube streaming quality has plagued me since the E71 was release. No different now on the N8. Poor. Quality is stunning on my cheapo Orange San Francisco :{
More of a YouTube limitation (they limit what quality content they deliver to Symbian based phones), rather than anything to do with Symbian per se (i.e., it is not a Symbian limitation at all as supported video codecs, display resolutions and what format and resolution videos a video player app supports have nothing to do with the operating system).

Old 03-12-2010, 01:42 PM

Hoisin is on a distinguished road
So is it something that Nokia can fix in a software update for my N8 or is it really Youtube that limits the playback quality for Symbian based phones (why in the h... would they do that?). If that is the case then Nokia really needs to have one serious conversation with Youtube or is it Google because that is really unacceptable.

The Youtube app for older versions of Symbian, does that only play low quality videos as well?
Ads